IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk Defragment still Defrags the SSD drive.

orioncheung

:evil:

Even with "Don't defrag Solid State Disk" is check. It still defrags the C:.

OCZ is my C:, which is where my OS is.

See attachment for detail.

2nd thing is.. on the Vulnerability Fix.. since when language pack is a Vulnerability Fix? lol.

IObit probably never considered anyone would use a SSD as C: drive, but I'm just guessing.

Is the OS on the SSD only to make it Faster, or is it the only drive available?

I'm curious because I plan to purchase a SSD soon and had not considered putting the OS on it, since it seems that may cause other problems?

The prices are finally getting low enough, on those little Beauties, that I can now afford one. :lol:

have you set up the TRIM command

“fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0"

I once tried to use the 'fsutil /?' command utility, in W-7, to see what it would do, but cmd.exe kept telling I did Not have 'Administrative Priviliges', so I gave up on it, since I was logged in as Admin in windows, and not knowing how to log in at DOS level?

If anyone knows how to get 'fsutil' to accept Admin Input rights, I would appreciate the help!

i would still enter cmd in search, then right click the cmd icon and opt for run as administrator even though you are logged on as one.

Okay, I made a shortcut Icon for cmd.exe and then right-clicked that and ran as Admin.

And that worked.

I then set permanant Admin rights for that shortcut Icon, which makes it fast and easy to run 'fsutil'.

Thanks,

IObit probably never considered anyone would use a SSD as C: drive, but I'm just guessing.

Is the OS on the SSD only to make it Faster, or is it the only drive available?

I'm curious because I plan to purchase a SSD soon and had not considered putting the OS on it, since it seems that may cause other problems?

The prices are finally getting low enough, on those little Beauties, that I can now afford one. :lol:

I'm just here to report a bug on ASC 4 Beta. :roll: It should detect that my drive is a SSD and skip that Defragment.

Yes OS as a SSD is fast. How fast? takes less than 15mins to install windows 7. And boots takes around 10-15sec to boot up to windows.

If you want to get one here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227528&cm_re=vertex_2_50gb-_-20-227-528-_-Product

$74.99 after mail-in rebate card

When you buy an SSD always look for 3 things. Read, Write, and 50k+ IOPS. For SATA II is 280+/- MB/s Read/Write. For SATA III is 545+/- MB/s Read/Write with 50k / 60k IOPS.

How fast is it? you ask? Vertex 2 - 50 GB

http://mnetcs.com/thumb/storage/b5216369.JPG

C400 and SF-2200 SSD are coming out soon. But that needs SATAIII. Also, TRIM should be auto enable on first installed on windows 7 os.

If you look at the picture I uploaded it say "Don't defrag Solid State Disk" hell I even took a picture. Does the picture not show??.. It doesn't matter if it is C, D, E, drive thats SSD. The matter is. That it still defraging when "Don't defrag Solid State Disk" is check.

http://mnetcs.com/thumb/storage/b3893127.JPG

Hi Toppack,

Then, when you delete an item, you will not have this small window warning something like "Are you sure you want to send this file/folder/shortcut to the Recycle Bin?" and the item will be deleted without going to Recycle Bin.

Okay, If that's what it does, How would changing the “fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0" option effect the reported problem of Defraging a SSD, when it should Not be defraging it? :?:

I'm just here to report a bug on ASC 4 Beta. :roll: It should detect that my drive is a SSD and skip that Defragment.

I agree, Sure Looks like a Problem to me.

Thank you for the Great Information about SSDs.

Makes me WANT 'em Even More. :grin:

The only problem is the relatively small size of the OCZ, at 50.GB, since we have been getting 1.TB drives lately, at a lower cost.

easy option is to set it to iobit defrag only at its highest %.

As TRIM is in operation that high % will never kick in.

You LOST Me ? :?:

What TRIM command are you referring to and from where?

And how does the Resource-usage-% relate to a SSD defraging or not? :shock:

Hey, I'm Trying to Learn! :grin:

Does IObit plan to test and Fix this problem?

Of 'No defrag SSD' option working properly.

(Surely they need to get a SSD also) :wink:

I really do plan to get SSD drives soon and would like to know if this problem will be addressed Soon?

I may get the first one for my Wife's Birthday present. :grin:

(Just what she Always Wanted!) :lol:

Archived