IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why did IObit not stop this Malware

Keta

:oops: that was easy :oops:

Dave, about the firewall... I have Avast Internet Security. The program shows that the firewall is running. Is that ok?

I also have a Laptop (OS Vista 32 bit) and another PC (OS Vista 64 bit). Is there any reason why I should not install the programs you recommended on both? Each computer has Avast Internet Security and IObit Security 360 installed. I have purchased a license for each of the programs.

Dave, found three items today on my desktop that I can't figure out what they are.

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769

IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

ehthumbs_vista.db

I have Avast Internet Security. The program shows that the firewall is running. Is that ok?

Yes, it's considered a third-party firewall.

I also have a Laptop (OS Vista 32 bit) and another PC (OS Vista 64 bit). Is there any reason why I should not install the programs you recommended on both? Each computer has Avast Internet Security and IObit Security 360 installed. I have purchased a license for each of the programs.

Yes, that would be a good idea.

Found a ComboFix File Folder. File NircmdB.exe . Type Application 31 KB

Go ahead and delete it.

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell 32.dll,-21799

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell 32.dll,-21769

IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183

ehthumbs_vista.db

They are probably files from an uninstallation. Create a folder somewhere on your computer and move the files to that folder. If your computer is not affected after about a week, it should be safe to delete them.

Dave, I finished following your recommendations and most of the programs you recommended are installed on my computer. Spybot - Search & Destroy is not installed. In the past that program interfered in a big way with some of my other software and I am not brave enough to try it again.

I allowed a couple of days to see if everything that was installed worked well. It does.

Thank you for taking your time to help people like me. Wish I could put into meaningful words the gratitude I feel.

Thank you again!

Inge

Archived