IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit SmartDefrag v2.0 Final is Released!

MagicHunter

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6753&stc=1&d=1296537711 Smart Defrag v2.0 Final is available. (March 17, 2011)

......http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&stc=1&d=1292462110

Setup File version: 2.0.0.952

Application File: SmartDefrag.exe (1606 KB)

Application File version: 2.0.0.952

What's new in v2.0 :

--------------------------

Changelog: (March 17, 2011)

+ "Boot Time Defrag" Technology

+ Improved defrag and optimize engine

+ Improved auto-defrag function

+ New interface

Cheers.

Tip: You can highly improve defragmenting speed by temporarily disabling the background real-time security program, or adding Smart Defrag into the trust zone or white list of your security program.

Upgrade

I have 1.5 installed, will this replace my 1.5 or install it in a different folder?

I do prefer the upgrade method.

I notice the files on Cnet and MG have diff size and version num. Does this mean MG has a more recent version?

Hi David,

Unfortunately there is no detailed fixed/changed list available.

For the bugs you had before were in older versions, so why don't you try to use Smart Defrag 2 Final and report if you have any (same or different to the old ones) problems.

Cheers.

Hi David,

Unfortunately there is no detailed fixed/changed list available.

For the bugs you had before were in older versions, so why don't you try to use Smart Defrag 2 Final and report if you have any (same or different to the old ones) problems.

Cheers.

The bugs I reported are in beta 3.0 of SmartDefrag 2 - not "older versions".

Three issues:

1 - on a system with a steady amount of activity, looking at the Auto Defrag tab, the number of files histogram shows a steady increase in the numbers from day to day, and I would expect the number to be almost constant

2 - the program has now been running for about three and a half days, but the last auto-defrag was just before it had been running for three days. No more auto-defrags, but they had been three hourly before. Disk activity hasn't changed.

3 - possibly related to (2), on the Auto Defrag tab, the CPU graph has stopped moving. The UI is otherwise responding as expected.

In the Task Manager, it seems that the "Stop task after 3 days" is set (I didn't set it!), which may explain (2) and (3). I guess the service part has stopped but not the GUI? Killed the SmartDefrag.exe process and re-ran the "at logon" scheduled task, and the CPU window is scrolling again.

Windows-7, 64-bit.

Of course, I do also hope that the earlier bugs I reported have been fixed.

Do I need to uninstall beta 3.0 before installing "final".

Thanks,

David

Three issues:

1 - on a system with a steady amount of activity, looking at the Auto Defrag tab, the number of files histogram shows a steady increase in the numbers from day to day, and I would expect the number to be almost constant

2 - the program has now been running for about three and a half days, but the last auto-defrag was just before it had been running for three days. No more auto-defrags, but they had been three hourly before. Disk activity hasn't changed.

3 - possibly related to (2), on the Auto Defrag tab, the CPU graph has stopped moving. The UI is otherwise responding as expected.

In the Task Manager, it seems that the "Stop task after 3 days" is set (I didn't set it!), which may explain (2) and (3). I guess the service part has stopped but not the GUI? Killed the SmartDefrag.exe process and re-ran the "at logon" scheduled task, and the CPU window is scrolling again.

Windows-7, 64-bit.

Cheers,

David

OK David, my fault, I have missed that post of yours.

In fact, it was in IObit SmartDefrag v2 final thread. :lol:

Cheers.

Just registered to say thank you!

This defragger is the most advanced freeware I came across by accident on Cnet news - boot time defrag, ignore big files, auto idle defrag!

Works like a charm on my Win7 box

The only 1 thing confusing me - checking Volume marks all drives but does not defrag all drives but only the selected one. Not sure this is a fault?

Archived