IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit SmartDefrag v2 final

Oops, I said that too quickly, the issue is still partly here : 9 times out of ten, when I launch the application, first I get my 30secs of high CPU while the SD icon is visible, then the GUI opens, the CPU usage returns to normal, but the GUI is unresponsive, except the top menu items (settings, etc.). So it's not really usable so far. Going back to V1.5. :-?

Hi all,

I may have found a workaround for the stuck GUI issue I keep experiencing with SD 2. When it's stuck, I go into settings, User Interface, then change the transparency setting, then click OK, and the GUI responds again !

the GUI is unresponsive, except the top menu items (settings, etc.). So it's not really usable so far.

Exactly What do you mean by 'Unresponsive' and 'stuck'?

Is it that the buttons don't activate what they should? (defrag, optimize, etc.)

If so, what does happen? Does it freeze up, Refresh page, or what?

Are you using a computer with an unusual Graphics interface or curcuitry?

I think you said you had FAT32 HD partitions, so it must fairly old system, correct?

(maybe new version of SD is not compatible with some older systems)

We need Details to help determine why your setup or installation is different or what caused the anomaly?

Auto-defrag: count always increasing & stops working

Three issues:

1 - on a system with a steady amount of activity, looking at the Auto Defrag tab, the number of files histogram shows a steady increase in the numbers from day to day, and I would expect the number to be almost constant

2 - the program has now been running for about three and a half days, but the last auto-defrag was just before it had been running for three days. No more auto-defrags, but they had been three hourly before. Disk activity hasn't changed.

3 - possibly related to (2), on the Auto Defrag tab, the CPU graph has stopped moving. The UI is otherwise responding as expected.

In the Task Manager, it seems that the "Stop task after 3 days" is set (I didn't set it!), which may explain (2) and (3). I guess the service part has stopped but not the GUI? Killed the SmartDefrag.exe process and re-ran the "at logon" scheduled task, and the CPU window is scrolling again.

Windows-7, 64-bit.

Cheers,

David

The SD2 icon in system tray refuses to stay "always hide" :? Every time I open the interface, the icon is automatically set to "hide when inactive" in the next restart :?

This happened with beta 2. Beta 3 was fine, and now it occurs again :?

(XP SP3)

Hi Kishi

What are your settings in the program? Have you chosen to have the icon shown in the tray in the program settings?

That might overrule the windows setting in the taskbar tray?

Cheers

solbjerg

The SD2 icon in system tray refuses to stay "always hide" :? Every time I open the interface, the icon is automatically set to "hide when inactive" in the next restart :?

This happened with beta 2. Beta 3 was fine, and now it occurs again :?

(XP SP3)

Hi Kishi

What are your settings in the program? Have you chosen to have the icon shown in the tray in the program settings?

That might overrule the windows setting in the taskbar tray?

Yes, SD2 icon is always on my system tray because I use automatic defrag. What I meant was that I just want to see it by clicking "show hidden icons", I don't want it "always show" :wink:

Btw, what's the different between SD2 final and beta3? the setup file decreases by half :shock:

Archived