IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Integrate SD2 with ASC3

SmartDefrag 2 appears to be a nice looking product and it seems to work well too. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to integrate properly with the "utilities" page of Advanced SystemCare 3.

After downloading/installing SmartDefrag 2, selecting the defrag icon on the utilities page of ASC, I am sent to the download site again instead of opening the installed program.

It looks to be a linking problem. I have tried to rename the files and folder of SD2 to look like those of the old SD 1.5 without success.

Does anybody know how to get the two programs to talk to eachother properly please?

Regards, Brian.

Hi Briangw3ysp, welcome to the IObit Forum. :grin:

ASC3 uses in it's own defragmentation the older algorithm and similar engine to Smart Defrag 1, but new portable IObit Toolbox and the Toolbox in ASC4 uses the new SD2 and opens directly if you have SD2 installed.

I would suggest to use the new softwares.

If you have the PRO version of ASC3, the license will be transferred to the new ASC4 anyhow.

Cheers.

Archived