IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag2 Unusable

Well boys and girls, you laid a big goose-egg. It's back to the drawing boards. SD2 Black screen means you can't see the color keys. They should be in a white box. Even in White screen I have a hard time distinguishing the colors, key or map. I liked the old ones, they were very clear. I don't see any real improvement over SD1. I still have to run it at least 2 times to optimize, and still the space unused is in the middle not below the most used and least used.

I'm back to SD1.

Hi LTIOB99

Black screen and white screen works fine by me - and I am no hawkeye :-)

You have this option in the settings too:

"Disk Map Color: We provide the option Enable accessible disk map for color-challenged for the color blindness who want to see the Map more visible."

Please give us some screenshots to be able to evaluate your claim.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s.

(translated both ways in a translation service:

我們提供的選項啟用磁​​盤訪問地圖顏色的色盲挑戰誰希望看到的地圖更為明顯。

We offer the option to enable disk access to map the challenges of color blindness who want to see the map becomes more apparent.)

Well boys and girls, you laid a big goose-egg. It's back to the drawing boards. SD2 Black screen means you can't see the color keys. They should be in a white box. Even in White screen I have a hard time distinguishing the colors, key or map. I liked the old ones, they were very clear. I don't see any real improvement over SD1. I still have to run it at least 2 times to optimize, and still the space unused is in the middle not below the most used and least used.

I'm back to SD1.

SD2 Black screen means you can't see the color keys. They should be in a white box. Even in White screen I have a hard time distinguishing the colors, key or map.

Colors all look Great on my monitors!

(With both black & white backgrounds)

What Size monitor are you using?

What Type monitor? (crt, lcd, etc.)

What Resolution is it set to?

How much RAM in your computers video card or circuit?

For All of those:

Bigger is Better! :lol:

I don't see any real improvement over SD1.

Hi LTIOB99, welcome to IObit Forum.

Well, I think this is a bit of an injustice to IObit. How about Boot time defrag, file and folder exclusion and preferred file and folder defragmentation, etc.:lol:

The whole defrag algorithm is changed, and I expect more improvements and new algorithms in the coming versions.

For example, repetitive Defrag with Full Optimization locates the rarely used files to the end of the disk, where the used system files and more frequently used files are placed to the faster part of the disk together with free space to be used when surfing the net and using the most recent files.

IMHO, Smart Defrag 2 is one of the best free defragmenters around if not the best.:grin:

BTW, why don't you use it with white skin and with appropriate map colors chosen by you?

Cheers.

Archived