IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 1.50 Won't Uninstall

Hello ... :mrgreen: I updated to Smart Defrag 2.0 but it did not completely remove 1.50 and it still shows up in the system tray however, there is no way to access it. Each time the computer boots up I get nagged about installing 2.0 and when I uninstalled 2.0 I continue to get nagged about updating. This must stop.:evil:

What is to be done?:idea: I'm using windows xp pro 32bit.

:?:

Hi spirittoo

You must have installed version 2 while some part of 1.5 was still active - presumably some automatic function.

Please try a clean install (read about the concept in my signature)

after uninstall -delete the program folder - also 1.5 folder if any exists

And then install version 2 again.

But please read about it first!

Hope it helps :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello ... :mrgreen: I updated to Smart Defrag 2.0 but it did not completely remove 1.50 and it still shows up in the system tray however, there is no way to access it. Each time the computer boots up I get nagged about installing 2.0 and when I uninstalled 2.0 I continue to get nagged about updating. This must stop.:evil:

What is to be done?:idea: I'm using windows xp pro 32bit.

:?:

Evidently there should be an uninstall routine in version-2 that resets all automatic load and run commands for version-1 before installing version-2, but that was not done. :cry:

I'm afraid that is going to cause a lot of problems for Users and IObit. :sad:

Hi spirittoo

You must have installed version 2 while some part of 1.5 was still active - presumably some automatic function.

Please try a clean install (read about the concept in my signature)

after uninstall -delete the program folder - also 1.5 folder if any exists

And then install version 2 again.

But please read about it first!

Hope it helps :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello ... where can I find your signature ... I don't see it at the bottom of your post.:?:

Display Options

Hello ... where can I find your signature ... I don't see it at the bottom of your post.:?:

Welcome to the forum spirittoo :smile:

To show the signatures of members:

• Click on UserCP (on the left of the bar near the top)

• Click on Edit Options (on the left)

• Under the title Thread Display Options you will see the section Visible Post Elements

• Tick Show Signatures

• Click Save Changes (near the bottom of the page)

Just in case, here is the Clean Install link that solbjerg mentioned

See This Post for details.

Screenshots are in This Post

All the best, woz of oz

• 4 months later...

Hi SxiRadgie

The original problewm probably was that the program wasn't totally shut down prior to uninstalling.

If you had some automatic functions running in the background it is easy to miss those functions/forget to shut down the program completely.

My advice is to install it again - then shut it down completely and then uninstall it.

A clean uninstall is preferable I think in this situation and you can for example use IObit Uninstaller for this chore.

Another possibility is to use Revo Uninstaller.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

can anyone tell me how to uninstall smart defrag v2 ?

i have uninstalled the other components but this part will NOT delete it keeps saying i need permission,and i have tried countless times,i want this GONE.

Thanks in advance.

Hi SxiRadgie

The original problewm probably was that the program wasn't totally shut down prior to uninstalling.

If you had some automatic functions running in the background it is easy to miss those functions/forget to shut down the program completely.

My advice is to install it again - then shut it down completely and then uninstall it.

A clean uninstall is preferable I think in this situation and you can for example use IObit Uninstaller for this chore.

Another possibility is to use Revo Uninstaller.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,thanks for the fast reply ..

i have tried the reinstall and uninstall when everything was closed .. and still the Advanced system care 4 files and 2 BPL files will not delete,this is very annoying .. i will try the IObit uninstaller and i hope it works and i have no problem uninstalling the uninstaller.

Ok .. news update .. the uninstaller worked brilliantly .. thanks for your help Solbjerg .. i will consider reinstalling the Smart Defrag again when any bugs are fixed,thanks again for your help.

Hi SxiRadgie

Thank you very much for your feedbak, it is very good to know that the suggestions one proposes does have a positive effect.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,thanks for the fast reply ..

i have tried the reinstall and uninstall when everything was closed .. and still the Advanced system care 4 files and 2 BPL files will not delete,this is very annoying .. i will try the IObit uninstaller and i hope it works and i have no problem uninstalling the uninstaller.

Ok .. news update .. the uninstaller worked brilliantly .. thanks for your help Solbjerg .. i will consider reinstalling the Smart Defrag again when any bugs are fixed,thanks again for your help.

Archived