IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem using Passive Defense

jckinnick

I have the same problem....

I wrote to IObit support and was told that there was a "bug". This was the response I received:

Thanks for your feedback.

It is bug of IObit Security 360 v1.60 with Firefox 4.0.

For your concern, we advise you to follow the below solution to block and delete the cookies:

Firstly, please try to download and install the latest version of Advanced SystemCare v3.8.0 through the link below:

http://www.wikisend.com/download/369156/asc-setup-mj.exe

Solution 1:

Open ASC v3 > click Options button in the top right corner > choose Privacy Sweep > In the right panel, tick the option of Cookie Files under Mozilla Firefox > click Apply and then OK to save your changes > In this way, Privacy Sweep in ASC v3 will help you delete the cookies of Firefox

Solution 2:

Open ASC v3 > click Utilities module > click Admin Tools tab > open Windows Manager > in the following window of Win Manger, choose Cookies Manager > and then you can select the files you want to block and click Delete Item

Hope this can help you."

When I responded that I couldn't arbitrarily remove cookies that I needed and requested a more definitive reply as to which cookies were causing the problem this is response I recieved:

"For your concern, we advise you check the cookies stored on FF4.0 one by one and then delete the ones you do not to want to keep individually for safe's sake.

We appreciate your support of IObit."

I am awaiting a more definitive explanation of the nature of the 'bug'. Maybe this time I'll get a response that will be more helpful. Better yet, maybe IObit will fix the bug.

Hi cstortion,

We admit this is a bug of our present IS 360 V1.6 as it launched on January 19, 2011 and the FF 4 launched recently. So there is the bug.

We have corrected this bug in our ASC V4 beta 2.0, which also has the Passive Defence function in Deep Care. You can try our ASC V4 to see whether solve this problem on your computer.

Download for ASC V4 Beta2

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=8568

We of course will fix this bug when the next version of IS360 come out.

Sorry for the trouble this caused to you at present and failed to inform you the new version of ASC V4. We apologies.

Archived