IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

My computer starts making a very loud continuous noise after 10 to 15 minutes

asifakhtar

I have a P4 S478 computer. I built it myself 2 years ago. It starts making a very loud continuous noise after 10 to 15 minutes, then it restarts automatically. It sometime freezes after making a very loud continuous noise.

I checked my harddrive, it is quiet. I also changed POWER SUPPLY but again the loud noise is coming. I also removed the dust from the CPU fan and the heatsink.

When I take the case cover off, the sound doesn’t come and it doesn't freezes or restarts. I also tried to hear CPU fan but it is not producing too much noise. My graphics card is embedded and it doesn't have any fan.

Thank you for the help.

Sounds like a classic example of something like a loose cable etc getting into the CPU fan (hence the noise). The CPU overheats as a result (hence crashes, freezes etc). Taking the lid off the case has moved whatever it was getting in the fan, so the problem has gone away - magic.

Archived