IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Fragments count in SD2

computamedic

This may have been mentioned before and I apologise if I am repeating, but I find the fragment count is SD2 to be less informative than that in the original version.

The count increases as expected in the analyse phase but then reverts to 0 and increases again in the defrag phase. At that stage you have no idea how far the process has yet to go (since you probably missed the display count when the analyse phase finshed) so the count becomes pointless. If the count remained from the analyse phase and reduced to 0 (as did version 1) it would be more meaningful.

Regards

Dave

Hi computamedic

Yes, what happens is that the program first counts all the fragments and when finished with that starts to count all the fragmented files it defrags.

Can be a little confusing at first.

When viewing the report later you can the see all the files that previously were fragmented.

In the analyze report you can see the number of fragments in each file (if you compute those you will end up with the total number of fragments - same as it first reported) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

This may have been mentioned before and I apologise if I am repeating, but I find the fragment count is SD2 to be less informative than that in the original version.

The count increases as expected in the analyse phase but then reverts to 0 and increases again in the defrag phase. At that stage you have no idea how far the process has yet to go (since you probably missed the display count when the analyse phase finshed) so the count becomes pointless. If the count remained from the analyse phase and reduced to 0 (as did version 1) it would be more meaningful.

Regards

Dave

Archived