IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

From ASC Pro Utilities Menu Smart Defrag Tries to Reinstall

When selecting Smart Defrag from the ASC PRO Utilities menu the program launches a dowload window for Smart Defrag rather than just opening the program. I have tried numerous uninstalls/reinstalls with the same results. After each uninstall I have scrubbed the computers of all traces of Smart Defrag before attempting another install. Thus far the results have all been the same. I am experiencing this problem on two separate computers. Both are Windows 7 machines. One is a 32-bit machine and the other a 64-bit. Has anyone elese had similiar problems? If so, how were you able to sucessfully resolve the problem.

Hi Stephen

Have you ticked the option in settings that Smart Defrag should be utilized?

Cheers

solbjerg

When selecting Smart Defrag from the ASC PRO Utilities menu the program launches a dowload window for Smart Defrag rather than just opening the program. I have tried numerous uninstalls/reinstalls with the same results. After each uninstall I have scrubbed the computers of all traces of Smart Defrag before attempting another install. Thus far the results have all been the same. I am experiencing this problem on two separate computers. Both are Windows 7 machines. One is a 32-bit machine and the other a 64-bit. Has anyone elese had similiar problems? If so, how were you able to sucessfully resolve the problem.

Ok stephen

Have you tried a clean install of both programs before installing any of them again, possibly with freshly downloaded versions?

Both program folders deleted after uninstall in both C:\programs and in C:\Documents&settings, then a cleaning of the registry base and a restart of the computer?

Then a fresh installation of both programs.

If you have done it like that and it still won't work I would begin to suspect something wrong with Windows and run a chkdsk and a sfc /scannow.

That's the extent of my ideas at this point.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. possibly a refresh of the setting where SD is ticked for use could do the trick?

Thanks for the prompt responses.

To solbjerg - thanks for the response. Yes, I have the option to use "Smart Defrag" ticked.

To Cicely - thanks for the response. I am using version ASC 3.8.0

Unistalled and wiped all traces of both programs from both machines. Reinstalled ASC v4 Beta 3 and Smart Defrag v2.0.1.

Clicking on the Smart Defrag link within the tools menu now goes directly to the program instead of trying to download again.

Thanks for the responses.

Hi stephen

Thanks for your feedback!

Nice to hear it worked. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Unistalled and wiped all traces of both programs from both machines. Reinstalled ASC v4 Beta 3 and Smart Defrag v2.0.1.

Clicking on the Smart Defrag link within the tools menu now goes directly to the program instead of trying to download again.

Thanks for the responses.

Archived