IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Laptop is SLOWER since installing and using ASC

vmamafrika

I bought internet recently and it was VERY slow so I thought my laptop was the problem. After searching around I found ASC, which I installed and ran 'Care.' Now my computer is SLOWER, it freezes and on the Internet I have to click links two or three times to get them to respond. I also now have an annoying black screen that makes work even slower since it shows up every time I open certain pages. Even as I type this the words are delaying before appearing. Can anyone help? If I can't solve these problems this week then I'll just uninstall ACS and try another software.

PS I'm not a techie in the least

Hi vmamafrika

It is a very good idea (a must) to read the manual before utilizing an application!! (fx. Usage of IObit Products)

I think you should roll back the changes you have effected in your computer by running ASC. (Using restore center in the program)

System optimize effects some changes that focus on saving resources and this is not always what people actually want, hence the ability in the program to place desired functions in the ignore list.

Possibly roll it back through Windows System Restore if the other roll-back doesn't help.

What is the connecting speed from your internet provider? Is it a broadband connection?

Cheers

solbjerg

I bought internet recently and it was VERY slow so I thought my laptop was the problem. After searching around I found ASC, which I installed and ran 'Care.' Now my computer is SLOWER, it freezes and on the Internet I have to click links two or three times to get them to respond. I also now have an annoying black screen that makes work even slower since it shows up every time I open certain pages. Even as I type this the words are delaying before appearing. Can anyone help? If I can't solve these problems this week then I'll just uninstall ACS and try another software.

PS I'm not a techie in the least

Hahaha, surely I didn't read the manual. I find that manuals don't usually tell me anything plus I was in a hurry to test a new internet provider's service in the grace period. Anyway I expected that solving the problems in my computer would be good for it! I did go back to my last restore point (I used ASC over two days so I have another). I'm just wondering if there's something better to do? Coz rolling back the changes won't fix my computer's problems or enhance it, defeating the whole purpose.

Hi vmamafrika

After you have rolled back the changes, you just run it again, as it is described how to, in the mentioned description of use.

I recommend to read it all, in order to be more certain that you won't run into problems again.

Restore the last restore point in Restore center too, so that you start afresh.

Don't use the care button the first few times.

And check ALL "problems" before clicking repair.

All those you think you need should be placed in the ignore list.

Good luck

Cheers

solbjerg

Hahaha, surely I didn't read the manual. I find that manuals don't usually tell me anything plus I was in a hurry to test a new internet provider's service in the grace period. Anyway I expected that solving the problems in my computer would be good for it! I did go back to my last restore point (I used ASC over two days so I have another). I'm just wondering if there's something better to do? Coz rolling back the changes won't fix my computer's problems or enhance it, defeating the whole purpose.

Archived