IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cannot uninstall smart defrag

Tharrick

So I have recently upgraded from smart defrag 1.11 to 2. Unfortunately, doing this didn't uninstall 1.11 at all, so every time I boot up I still get popups telling me about the amazing new smart defrag 2, which I'm already running.

Trying to uninstall it nets me the following error message: 'The setup files are corrupted. Please obtain a new copy of the program'. So I got a new copy, reinstalled 1.11, and tried uninstalling it again.

What happened next was the following message: 'The uninstall log file "C:\Program Files\Iobit\IObitSmartDefrag\unins000.dat" is in a format not recognised by this version of the uninstaller. Cannot uninstall.'

I'd quite like to not have to keep getting the popups about upgrading to 2, so how do I go about removing 1?

Cheers!

Hi Tharrick, welcome to IObit Forum.

Please Clean Install Smart Defrag 2.0.1 after reading Install-Uninstall-Reinstall-Upgrade to newer version post.

For uninstalling, you can use IObit Uninstaller downloading from IObit Uninstaller 2 Beta 1.0 is available!, or you can use IObit Uninstaller in IObit Toolbox downloadable from IObit Toolbox 1.2 is released., or Uninstaller in ASC4 downloadable from Advanced SystemCare 4 βeta 3.0 available! .

You can also use BitRemover downloadable from BitRemover 1.4.2

Cheers.

Archived