IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC removes pinned programs from taskbar

Jakob1379

hey i have been using ASC3 for a long time, and when i saw the beta of the ASC4 of caurse i downloaded it. but everytime i run a scan the pinned programs disappear from the menu of the icons that pop up. so it is not the program that disappears it is the documents, folder etc. that is pinned to the start bar. what can i do to make ASC4 stop remove them?

Hi Jakob1379,

Before doing Toppack's suggestion, please open the Settings and go to Junk Files Clean page under Care, see if "Tray Notifications Cache" or any related item such as "Taskbar Jump List" checkbox is checked.

Give us a screenshot of that page.

Cheers.

ASC 4 frre removes pinned programs & data file history

hey i have been using ASC3 for a long time, and when i saw the beta of the ASC4 of caurse i downloaded it. but everytime i run a scan the pinned programs disappear from the menu of the icons that pop up. so it is not the program that disappears it is the documents, folder etc. that is pinned to the start bar. what can i do to make ASC4 stop remove them?

Hi,

I have the same problem. After running ASC 4 free, all pinned programs are deleted and also the history of used data files is gone.

I have similar problem.

Yes, those that are seeing this problem Need to disable all the utilities but one, and test them one at a time.

We that are not seeing the problem have no way of determining what is causing it.

If it is taskbar Icons that are disappearing then there is a 'Lock Taskbar' setting that may make a differance, if you wish to try it?

(right-click on blank taskbar area and click a checkmark by 'Lock the taskbar')

If it is the Start-menu items that are disappearing then there is utility in control-panel that controls those,

or you can right-click on Start button and click 'Properties' to assure that the Privacy check-boxes are set correctly.

ASC V4.0 Problems

I spent some time testing ASC Ver 4.0 under XP on a number of PCs.

The damage of deleting Start programs and links is done by the option System Optimize in Deep Care, un-check this on the menu and things should be better.

Better still, go back to V3.8 and wait for the errors in V4.0 to be fixed.

The damage of deleting Start programs and links is done by the option System Optimize in Deep Care, un-check this on the menu and things should be better.

Were the settings in 'System Optimization' set to 'Basic' or were they at some other selection, such as Office-work or Server?

If not, try the 'Basic' setting.

I have every option set in that second screen shot, it's not that. The content that is deleted is in the folder I mentioned, it's a lot of *.ink(shortcut) files. Only devs for ASC will be able to solve this one it seems as only select users are having the problem and it's not affected by settings.

Hi to all with the same problem.

In reply to my problem, I received an email from IOBit with the following content:

For your concern, please do below settings to avoid this happen again.

Open your Advanced SystemCare>>click Options>>select Privacy Sweep>>uncheck the items you want to keep in your browsers, windows and other applications>>click Apply and OK.

Click Automated Sweep>>check Use the same settings as Privacy Sweep>>click Apply and OK.

Open Advanced SystemCare>>click Options>>select Junk Files Clean>>uncheck the items at the right side you want to keep>>click Apply and OK.

We appreciate your support of IObit.

I tested, but this did not solve the problem.

Because I will use a product that works properly without being a test person for IOBit, I decided to take this software off from my Win7.

Bye to ASC.

Klaus.

Please disable All of the utilities except one, by removing the checkmarks on Care window. Try each one separately to determine which one is causing problem.

Then Do Not Use that utility until dertermining the cause.

That way you can continue to use all the Other great utilities.

Disaster

Hi to all with the same problem.

Because I will use a product that works properly without being a test person for IOBit, I decided to take this software off from my Win7.

Bye to ASC.

Klaus.

I too have little time to beta test for a program that I actually paid for.

This situation is appalling. v4 is in no way ready for release. It behaves like an early beta. It destroyed links for most of the items on the task bar, rendered Excel add-ins inoperable, and Acrobat Pro no longer functions. Even the links for ASC were damaged and no longer working.

A system restore undid most of the damage, but not all (have to reinstall Acrobat).

Unfortunately I took advantage of the ASC Pro multi license pack upgrade and now have the problems on two of the three machines I have installed it on. I also recommended the program to two family members, boasting that the program had always worked well on my systems. I never saw this coming.

now have the problems on two of the three machines I have installed it on.

I'm curious, are there known Differences between the 1 that does not have the problem and the other 2 ?

There Must be something that can be changed or disabled to fix the problem, since So Many of us do Not have the problem?

I'm thinking that there may be some Other software, installed on some computers, causing a Conflect?

I'm curious, are there known Differences between the 1 that does not have the problem and the other 2 ?

There Must be something that can be changed or disabled to fix the problem, since So Many of us do Not have the problem?

I'm thinking that there may be some Other software, installed on some computers, causing a Conflect?

very possible considering I have it with all options ticked on multiple XP and 7 machines and have never seen this problem..

I showed the folder all the shortcuts are for it. ASC doesn't even touch it. I think people pile on optimization and cleaning software trying to get faster speeds or fix problems and they get chaotic bugs.

I spent some time testing ASC Ver 4.0 under XP on a number of PCs. ...Better still, go back to V3.8 and wait for the errors in V4.0 to be fixed.

So far all links to ver 3.8 have resulted in them being changed to ver 4.

Any good links that you know of?

I spent some time testing ASC Ver 4.0 under XP on a number of PCs.

Better still, go back to V3.8 and wait for the errors in V4.0 to be fixed.

Don't know if it would make any difference but I put system settings ;Deep Care, System Optimization, Computer Optimization [Top Preformance (home user) and Network Optimization [wireless]

So far no problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Found the fix, no thanks to IObit.

I too am disappointed that I bought a product and have to do testing on it and figure out issues myself that should be looked at by staff.

Anyway, I found the fix.

ASC is confusing Recent Documents with Pinned folders. So, to have ASC not delete both your recent and pinned documents/files/folders, simply find the settings for "Privacy Sweep" and under "Windows" you will find a check beside "Recent Documents" un-check this and it will fix your problem.

If you need further help let me know. I joined this forum solely for this purpose. Please spread the word so that other people having this problem can fix it.

Cheers.

ASC is confusing Recent Documents with Pinned folders. So, to have ASC not delete both your recent and pinned documents/files/folders, simply find the settings for "Privacy Sweep" and under "Windows" you will find a check beside "Recent Documents" un-check this and it will fix your problem.

Was the 'Recent Documents' option ckecked at Install, (as default)?

I don't think it was when I installed, but not sure about it?

Archived