IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartDefrag tray disappearing randomly

RejZoR

This was the problem with SmartDefrag 1.5 and it's the same with 2.0. It's working great but very often the tray icon just disappears when i move the mouse over it. I've seen such behavior on WinXP, WinVista and Win7 as well.

I coudn't find any patter other than the fact that all 3 machines were running 24/7 for several days sometimes without a single reboot. If that makes any difference...

I hate this feature and it's the first thing i disable when i install WIndows ever since they introduced this with WinXP. So yeah, it's not this. The tray icon just disappears for no reason and randomly. Sometimes that's after 1 day, next time it will be fine for 4 days and then it will disappear. Then if you restart or log off and login, icon is back again until it disappears again.

Archived