IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Asc 4 Gui.

Ted

Hey .. that's exactly what I had the other day ... I could not find the 4 iconsto the different modules, so I ended up uninstalling version 4.

It is annoying because I know it is a good program, if only these quirks could be resolved.

Hi, captainron,

Thank you for that.

I opened IE8 and I see that Google's logo is not showing above its search bar and many picture boxes have only a red cross showing. The "Show Pictures" box is ticked in Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and I've deleted the Temporary Internet Files. What else can I try?

Yes, certainly looks like there is something missing from the Install program file?

But I'm starting to think that you guys with Multiple Browsers installed are really Confusing things. :shock:

Such as Firefox, Chrome, etc.

We simple guys with simple IE don't have those strange glitches. :grin:

I could be wrong but certainly seems that way.

Problem resolved with thanks to everyone for your helpful suggestions. Changing the Skins didn't help, but captainron pointed me in the right dierction. Actually, I had installed another Registry cleaner a few days ago and removed the 500 plus errors it found. It was just a matter of restoring its backup file and everything is back to normal. ASC 4 looks nice and it found 1167 errors in my PC. Do you consider its Defrag sufficient without using Smart Defrag?

Happy days

Hi Ted :smile:

Good to see you again and glad you got it sorted.

I understand that you didn't want to mention the name of the registry cleaner, we don't want this thread to turn into yet another registry cleaner 'discussion' :roll:

Just out of interest, would you PM me the name of the registry cleaner? It might be helpful for someone else in the future.

As to the defrag, I'll just ask the basic questions.

What do you usually use your computer for and how often?

Now I will let the defrag experts explain the differences and discuss what is best for you. :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi, woz,

Thank you for your welcome.

I use my computer quite a bit for Music, photos, videos, installing and uninstalling new programmes etc. I had just completed a defrag and optimization with Smart Defrag 2 before I scanned with ASC 4. It found and defragged 468 fragmented files. Sort of speaks for itself, I suppose. Smart Defrag doesn't appear to be really necessary.

Optimize

Hi, you use your compiter for quite a bit and since ASC will only Defrag not Optimize I think using Smart Defrag to Optimize from time to time would be a good idea.

Personally, I Analize the disk once a week to see how it looks but usually just do a Defrag (no Optimize) because there isn't that much defragmentation.

After a month (or thereabouts) the disk is looking a bit disorganized so I start a Full Optimize then go have lunch :smile:

So I would suggest using the ASC defrag on a regular basis plus doing a Smart Defrag Analize from time to time to get an idea of how often you should Optimize.

I don't use the auto defrag or auto anything much but that's just me being a minimalist :mrgreen:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived