IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3 better than ASC 4?

luckyvic

Hi luckyvik,

Did you use Smart RAM's Smart Clean for once in ASC4?

Please try that and check Task Manager after a while.

If I remember correctly, it has been reported before that it starts after using it once.

It may well be a bug.

Cheers.

But wouldn't the sizes Be Different, at different times during the process,

making the differences a normal thing if not monitored at same time in each process?

In other words, aren't those changing all the time if the programs are running?

That's my last question, I'll Shut-Up Now. :wink:

EDIT: True, my questions imply that, please speak. 8:):wink:

ASC4-Smart RAM

1. I booted up pc with only ASC4-Smart RAM

2. Ran Smart Clean, released 35.24MB

3. Exited Smart RAM

4. Re-booted pc and pretty much same results as 1. (no attachment).

(All up to date/latest versions)

Windows XP SP3

Avast Free Edition

Online Armor Free

Auslogics Disk Defrag Free

SUPERAntiSpyware Free

ASC3 (only Smart RAM running)

ASC4

MB 2 Quick 2 Judge ...

luckyvic,

I think it's important people realize that whenever they/we install software in EITHER Windows 7 or Vista (especially 64Bit), it can take ReadyBoost & SuperFetch as long as 2+ days to balance out the entire memory management process. Checking results & having "immediate expectations" will often lead to erroneous results. Give it a day or 2 and check back from time to time and you'll see what I'm talking about. You may even want to use a tool like "Ultimate Windows Tweaker" to completely EMPTY/REFRESH all Virtual memory processes. You may want to DUMP Avast & SUPERANTISPYWARE (USING EITHER REVO UNINSTALLER OR THE IObIT UNINSTALLER) then install MS Security Essentials . I think You'll be pleasantly surprised with your performance & stability...

Please don't think I'm being derogatory - I only wish to help ...

Please look at the attachments, something isn't working right? Smart RAM from v4?

MB 2 Quick 2 Judge ...

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I've been running ASC4 since the 25th, so it shoild be plenty of time to sort things out.

I had MS Security Essentials for a while and it is a resource hog. Sorry. I use SUPERANTISPYWARE only as on demand.

I chose Avast! after years using AVG and Comodo for years (different times), and again big hogs on resources. I'm very satisified with Avast!.

I do appreciate your help, so no offense taken.

I've been using IObit apps for quite sometime and I really and appreciate them, especially ASC. I'm not complaining, just trying to understand why the differences between 3 & 4.

I know people who have left IObit for various reasons, I will not and will always support them.

Just wanted to say that I'm having a similar issue. When I open task manager on boot up many processes are using huge amounts of memory. Running a smart clean sorts it out, but it goes back to using lots of memory when the pc is restarted. I've had ASC4 for a week or so now.

:sad: When I upgraded to this version, I can't even get the program to open!

If you are asking for help and Info about the ASC program, we will need more Details on what is happening and when it is happening?

Some Info about your computer hardware and software used may be helpful also?

• 1 month later...

ASC 3 better than ASC 4?

I decided to run a side by side comparison of each of the Pro versions and I found that V3 finds more problems in the Windows Registry than V4. We're talking 105 vs. 13 just now which is significant.

Does anyone care to explain why I should use V4 over V3 if this is the case each time? :shock:

Well if it's the newer version I would assume the definitions and databases are more up-to-date and will probably continue to be updated. Also, IObit might (or maybe already has) phase out ASC3 and no longer continue support for it. Then it will be obsolete and useless in the ever-growing world of viruses and all the stuff that it deals with.

On the other hand, ASC3 had better features. Like the ability to have a portable version you could launch via USB.

Well if it's the newer version I would assume the definitions and databases are more up-to-date and will probably continue to be updated. Also, IObit might (or maybe already has) phase out ASC3 and no longer continue support for it. Then it will be obsolete and useless in the ever-growing world of viruses and all the stuff that it deals with.

???

ASC-4 is Not designed to be a complete Virus protection (Security) software.

ASC-4 is primarily a collection of system Cleaner and Repair utilities.

The old 360 program, in ASC-3, is no longer supported.

Malware-Fighter is IObit's new Security software.

Archived