IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

help with asc3 upgrade to asc4

jsr27

hey, im running windows 7 and when i try to uninstall asc3 its giving me an error message. i cant seem to fix this. here is the message:"unable to create a temporary file. setup was aborted. error 5: access is denied". i really need some help so anybodys help is appreciated.:???:

revo and add and remove

What procedure did you use to uninstall it?

Did you use the 'Add/Remove' utility that comes with Windows-7?

ive used revo uninstaller and add/remove and they both give the same results

Since I had never seen that message before, I did an Internet search for it and found this at Microsoft:

(the support link page has changed though)

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

This error occurs mostly when the computer is infected with virus.

A) Use the Windows Installer Clean up Utility to uninstall the programs.

Description of Windows Installer Clean up Utility: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

B) I would suggest to Scan your computer using Malware Security Essentials. This tool checks your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software

Since I had never seen that message before, I did an Internet search for it and found this at Microsoft:

(the support link page has changed though)

Welcome to Microsoft Answers.

This error occurs mostly when the computer is infected with virus.

A) Use the Windows Installer Clean up Utility to uninstall the programs.

Description of Windows Installer Clean up Utility: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

B) I would suggest to Scan your computer using Malware Security Essentials. This tool checks your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software

this also doesnt work. im about to pull out my hair over this

this also doesnt work. im about to pull out my hair over this

What doesn't Work?

Did you try the Windows Installer Clean up Utility (msicuu2.exe) ?

Evidently it is recommended by Microsoft but not sure which OS versions it will work with.

What doesn't Work?

Did you try the msicuu2.exe program?

when i opened msicuu2.exe advanced system care 3 wasnt on the list. am i suppost to run it anyway? wont this cause alot of problems to other apps?tell me what to do and by the way thanks for your speed of service.:wink:

I'm just a user like you. When I did the search, that was the first time I had heard of that program. I've not downloaded it, so have no idea what the procedure is.

I may download it sometime to find out how it works, but unless someone else is familiar with it, you are 'On your On' for now.

Hi jsr27,

Windows Installer Clean up Utility was used for the programs using MS installer, but MS is not advising to use it anymore and taken down from their servers.

I have used it very many times and never had a problem though.

Try to use:

1) IObit's Uninstaller.

2) BitRemover .

3) Install ASC4 and then delete the remaining files & folders of ASC3 with IObit's Unlocker or Unlocker 1.9.1

Please give feedback.

Cheers.

Enoskype,

I could not get your 'IObit Uninstaller' Link to work. :roll:

Is there a problem with it, or is it just Me?

Does IObit Uninstaller do the same thing as the one with W-7?

I assumed they were Similar, as far as function and capability?

Thanks for the Info,

Please try the link again, it was not working, I have changed the address.

It is the same as in IObit Toolbox 1.2 or Toolbox in ASC4 final.

Not same as Win7 at all. There is a Powerful Scan for Advanced Uninstalling and also Forced uninstalling. More with log files too.

Cheers.

Archived