IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Going By The Numbers

Good Afternoon All ~!~

And especially Good Day to You Enoskype as I see you are Moderating right now... It's been a few since we last spoke and I trust Life Is Good as always with you.

As my Title gives hint I have learned full well to take nothing for granted and assume what I am Seeing that differs from the Screens I expected I should not just take for granted that all is copasetic... Especially when it comes to Down Loads and subsequent Installs when it comes to ASC and/or anything from Iobit.

Specifically I purchased ASC Pro last year and my Version currently is listed as 3.7.3 ~°~ and the Log In indicated an Upgrade available of 4.0 ~ So when I went to the D/L Site I was greeted with the choice between the Free Version and The Pro Version. I chose the Pro but when shunted over to the next D/L Screen it clearly stated it was the Windows Free Version 29.x Mb in size and No Reference to Pro at all. Also to be noted when I pull down the About option from my current ASC Start Up Screen it shows No Personalized Name as belonging to Me "Name Inserted Here" nor my License Number of which with the vast majority of Paid For Registered Programs this is Normal SOP.

With that information missing and not Transparent I am dubious of what I actually have vs what I Expect and Believe I have... Where is the Screen that Denotes I have a Fully Registered Version of ASC Pro and the License Number I expect to have? Now add to that the following Screen I was greeted with prior to going to the Down Load Site: Well I see I can't do a Copy and Paste ... so the salient information is as follows:

"... <snip> Please also note that The Valid PRO License will be automatically recognized and transferred for free." [.sic]

My concern is that if I can't find my license number where I should expect it then I am not going to take for granted the advisory statement above.

Also as should be obvious from what I said is my concern about just what did I D/L? I expected some indication that indeed it was the proper Upgrade to the Pro Edition yet again what I found was stated that I was about to D/L an upgrade to The Free Version. Because of my longtime familiarity with ASC and any other IObit Products I've dealt with over the years it really pays to be quite precise as to what I expect and am engaging and to *Not* assume that the verbiage I am reading isn't indeed exactly what it says and I have Downloaded the Upgrade to The Free Version and not that of The Pro that I expected. If I were to just believe that everything is copasetic and either The Free or The Pro versions are covered by what I actually down loaded and saved to an appropriate Directory on my HD: asc4-setup-cnet.exe 29,476 kb.

Perhaps Enoskype, everything is exactly as it should be but I have been down the proverbial Garden Path too many times to Not believe that What I See is Exactly that which I am getting ~ which very well might not be what I am expecting... Especially when it comes to IOBit Products which even under a 'perfect world' are hard enough to have a clean install without running into unexpected conflicts and glitches... hence all the activity from other users in this Forum. Everyone is an individual and present issues that can easily lead to a conflict after Installation and for that I am very cautious and read carefully all the appropriate installation notes, suggestions for how to have a fail safe install ~~ as well as reviewing First other's experiences to see if I have anything in common with their situation that if I would be careful and take their experience as a proper admonition I will hopefully circumvent any nightmares ocurring in my Universe...

So By The Numbers is The Mantra du Jour.

Thanks Much and Warnest Regards to You Enoskype and All else who might read this submission.

Mid Range

Welcome back Mid Range! Long time no see.:grin:

I am sure you are on the right track and cautious as ever...:lol:

One thing though, could the size of asc4-setup-cnet.exe be 29,746 kb instead of 29,476 kb?

The downloadable setup files are for both PRO and FREE versions.

You can download the same setup file asc-setup-aff.exe from MajorGeeks at Advanced SystemCare 4 (ASC4) Final (out of beta) available! thread too, of which some of the properties are pointed out there.

- After installing ASC4, please click on golden Upgrade Now button down in the middle or on FREE button on the top left, and following Advanced SystemCare v4.0.0 on the main GUI.

- Activate Advanced SystemCare Professional window opens.

- Enter your license code (Your license code of ASC3 Pro) to License Code: empty space just above EX: F4B1D-ACAB1-A84FF-5FDDA.

(If you tell me that you have forgotten that license code, lost it or ASC3 is deleted, then sending a PM to Cicely explaining your situation is the answer.)

- Click Activate Now button.

- The License Code will be activated and validated and your ASC4 FREE will be ASC4 PRO until the expiry date of your old license.

-Please follow the same route as in ASC3 for repairing, ie., after choosing the personal preferred options in Settings, observe what is going to be repaired by clicking on Show details links for each section before Repairing and ignore the ones you don't want to be changed.

I am crossing my fingers for you for the occasional glitches of ASC4 for certain PC configurations

If you have any questions please shoot.:wink:

All the best and cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with MidRange whole heartedly, I have been trying to figure out how I was to get the Upgrade from ASC Pro3.8.0 to ASC Pro4 also with no info available on IObit except Pay for Pro again or Free for non-Pro.:grin:

enoskype, Thanks for clarifying the upgrade method .:-D

IObit should give this info when a paid customer signs in or even in the email and upgrade notice to paying customers IObit sends out.:-(

I found it very difficult to get to MidRanges Thread -- About 50 tries of different word combinations to get to a Thread I started with "How to Upgrade from Advanced SystemCare Pro 3 to Advanced SystemCare Pro 4." Most of the time the Search found nothing out of all the words in the search! Finally by some miracle the search found MidRanges Thread!!!:sad:

Archived