IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Interpreting Performance Monitor

Keter

I need help figuring out what's going on with Performance Monitor. It starts out "A" and green after boot up, but after a few hours of use, it turns to "C" or even "D" and orange. Yet the metrics shown on the panel look very similar and I would consider them all to be within the normal operation range. For example, I now have an orange C with the following metrics:

CPU~20-30%

RAM~46%

Disk 0%

Network 0%

Processes 100

Registry size 159 Mb (normal for the number of programs and devices I have)

I already had Rainmeter installed and tracking most of the same metrics, and they agree. That's about normal for what I always run, and I'm having no performance problems.

So why is Performance Monitor showing its aggregate as degrading over time? Is it measuring something else that I don't see displayed, like CPU temperature or some SMART data? Running Advanced System Care doesn't indicate any issues.

It also has never given me any feedback about what the reason for the lower rating is, which I would expect with a "D"...?

From the little time I've used the little PM utility, I've desided that it is Only a generalized indication of system usage, not supposed to be a real accurate indicator. It appears that once it sees high or 'D' range usage it does not reset automaticly after usage drops down, but stays until manually reset.

For more accurate Info I would suggest using Task-Manager or similar programs.

PM could be easily expanded with all the 'Bells and Whistles', but It's not there Now.

Sorry IObit, but that's the way it looks to me.

Hi Keter, welcome to IObit forum! :-D

please have a look to THIS post, it may give you some ideas.

Although you said that what you run normally is high, the size of the Registry and the # of processes running are really on the very high side.

You can notice the difference after running Deep Care and Turbo Boost (Game Booster), and the indication of PM will reveal that too.

Hi Toppack,

About resetting, I have experienced many times resetting automaticly after usage drops down. Sorry, but that's the way it is.:lol:;-)

The rest? I do agree with you.:-D

Cheers.

Hi Toppack,

About resetting, I have experienced many times resetting automaticly after usage drops down. Sorry, but that's the way it is.:lol:;-)

The rest? I do agree with you.:-D

Cheers.

My computer can be sitting there Idle, with nothing running, and the little Flag will still be Orange, with the 'C'.

I just assumed that was telling me that it was not resetting?

I've not done any real Testing of it.

Maybe it's telling me I need to run the 'Quick-care' utilities, to clean things up ? ;-)

I suppose that is going to be the biggest Question people will Have?

'What is it Really Telling Me ???' :shock:

(which is what Keter's original question was) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
My computer can be sitting there Idle, with nothing running, and the little Flag will still be Orange, with the 'C'.

I just assumed that was telling me that it was not resetting?

I've not done any real Testing of it.

Maybe it's telling me I need to run the 'Quick-care' utilities, to clean things up ? ;-)

I suppose that is going to be the biggest Question people will Have?

'What is it Really Telling Me ???' :shock:

(which is what Keter's original question was) :lol:

I believe you are supposed to run the Quick Care to clean things up, since it has a link for QC in the PM window when it's running something other than 'A'.

I'm getting weird results on my desktop computer. It'll come up 'C' so I click the QC link and run Quick Care. PM will then show 'A' for about 30 sec. to 1 minute and then goes right back to 'C'. This I'm sure is not accurate since my computer is new and very fast and doesn't strain even with the most taxing games. I think they need to put some more effort into this little tool, because it would be very useful if it were accurate to a higher degree.

• 1 month later...

Performance Monitor

From the little time I've used the little PM utility, I've desided that it is Only a generalized indication of system usage, not supposed to be a real accurate indicator. It appears that once it sees high or 'D' range usage it does not reset automaticly after usage drops down, but stays until manually reset.

For more accurate Info I would suggest using Task-Manager or similar programs.

PM could be easily expanded with all the 'Bells and Whistles', but It's not there Now.

Sorry IObit, but that's the way it looks to me.

I have posted a similar query and am inclined to agree that the PM is not really very accurate. I find the C grade that happens after my computer has been on and idle for some time annoying. Since I know the PM is not really accurately reflecting my computers performance, how do I manually reset it. Once it goes to C, Quick Care will not undo it. I have even tried rebooting. Deep Care will work but that obviously takes time when Deep Care is not really needed.

Archived