IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Manager Updater Malfunctioning

Marcu

I've tried to use the tool call Driver manager. The window opens with 3 choices offered. The first at the top is the updater. But when we click on it and press 'enter' it doesn's seem to load the drivers in order to update them even after creating a backup of them.

Is there anybody who knows how to resolve that problem???:|

Okay, this is the way I think it works, if I'm wrong surely someone will correct me?

The Driver-Updater connects to the Internet and checks for new versions of the drivers, that it finds on your system, and they come up in list.

So, to show up on list ASC must find known drivers on your system. (that's your 3 choices)

Then it checks at the proper websites for new versions of those drivers.

So, the time and reliability of that update depends on a great deal of things,

including computer-speed, your internet connection speed and how busy those websites are.

Maybe you are just not waiting long enough for it to get through the process?

Already up to date ?

Welcome to the forum Marcu & hope :smile:

I've tried to use the tool call Driver manager. The window opens with 3 choices offered. The first at the top is the updater. But when we click on it and press 'enter' it doesn's seem to load the drivers in order to update them even after creating a backup of them.

Is there anybody who knows how to resolve that problem???:|

I just had a look at Driver Manager and after selecting Drivers Update I clicked on Next

The Loading Drivers spinning clock animation took about 5 seconds only, it then reported I had 2 driver updates I could install. I didn't go any further because after reading discussions on the internet I know I don't want/need those driver updates. See Image

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7582&stc=1&d=1304842147

But, it seems that if I did want to update the driver then I would select (click on) the driver update and then click the Update button. The driver would then be downloaded.

How long we must wait?

I left it worked practically one hour and it had nothing to show.

Did you see the Loading Drivers spinning clock animation on the screen?

If no updates are appearing in the window after the animation finishes then I would guess all your drivers are up to date. See Image

All the best, woz of oz

How long we must wait?

I left it worked practically one hour and it had nothing to show.

Sorry, I also have never tryed to download, so not sure if it works or not.

But certainly seems like you should have seen some results within an hour?

My suggestion is that if you do not Know you really need a driver update, then don't download them.

(as long as all the hardware listed is working properly, without an update download)

Archived