IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

lost recent programs list

Since installing V8, the automatic listing of only the most recently used programs when activating the program list has stopped, and the full list of all installed programs is shown every time. How can I get back to that function?

I have had the very same thing happen. It is when 'Deep Care' is used this happens, looked at the settings and can't see what might cause it. It is the fact that the recently used programs does not repopulate that is the main problem for me. Only way around it I found was system restore.

Hello Customer,

Please check whether the item of scan for "User Assist History" under Junk Files Clean window in ASC V4 is selected or not? If so, Please un-tick it and then perform a scan and to see if there is a problem.

Thanks.

System Optimization

Hi Cicely :smile:

I believe MarDivPhoto & Purrinian are referring to the XP Start Menu "most often used" list

I had the same problem of the disappearing "most often used" list and I did not have "User Assist History" under Junk Files Clean window in ASC V4 selected

It was caused by System Optimization and the 'fix' for this is posted in the thread Frequently Used programs in XP Start menu gone after Deep Care

See post #8 by phil riley for the 'fix' & post #10 by wozofoz for how to Ignore this problem so it won't happen again.

All the best, woz of oz

Install of AVG 4 free causes stuff to disappear after Deep Scan System Optimization

I not only lost Recent programs list, but Accessories, Systems tools Backup (including deleted files from hard drive), and lost the Bing.com intelligent search capability from the IE8 URL input.

It is too late for me to do a system restore as I continued working and have backed up since.

Would a windows and IE8 repair be too risky? If not, how do I do it?

Restore add-on and reset search provider default

So I find this link http:/www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/searchguide/en-en/default.mspx

You can create your own custom serach provider here when the IEgallery.com list of search providers will not install into IE8.

Since I read about IE8 crashing when adding search providers, I chose to create my own.

Although the list of search providers is there, I'm still not getting the text search to work in the URL bar with the default search provider.

Checked the registry and the suggestions made look like the value there is ok too.???

So I have to enter google.com to get to a web search instead of just typing the keywords into the URL bar. Annoying.

Archived