IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

It's Buggered My System Restore

Evening All.

I was quite happy with the previous version, but V4 comes with unpleasant side effects...

I installed ASC4 on the 5th May and I now have no restore points prior to that date.

It's very much like ASC4 doesn't want to be rolled back and, worringly for other users as well as me, the internal restore option offered by the programme has no effect, at all.

I have mailed Obit, the programme provider, but had no response.

Obviously, I'd like to get shot of this software and have my System Restore options restored and I don't mind a bit of slash n burn to get there.

Any and all idiot-proof, non-techy style advice is welcome.

I live at - e-mail address is deleted for security reasons -

Cheers,

Shane

@ Unpeeled

I've not encountered this problem because I use backups created by W-7 and stored on an external drive that is reserved for Copies and Backups.

That drive box is powered-up only when needing to make copies, backups or to restore.

Those can Not be effected by Any software utilities.

I Restore with only W-7_Restore also.

That setup makes the Backup-drive 'Portable' also, easily connected to USB port of any W-7 computer. ;-)

Welcome

Welcome to the forum unpeeled :smile:

I'm afraid I don't know of any method or software that can recover deleted system restore points and a search of the web doesn't offer a solution either.

To try and stop this from happening again in the future, I can only suggest you look at your system restore point settings and also other software on your computer that might have been involved in the deleting of your restore points.

The installation of Advanced SystemCare 4 on my XP Home SP3 (I see you have XP Pro) did not affect my restore points at all, I still have restore points from before the release of ASC 4 Final (25th April)

Check how much free space you have on your hard drive or partition, have you ever seen a warning message about running low on disk space?

See MS article System Restore "restore points" are missing or deleted for possible reasons as to why your restore points are missing.

Good luck

All the best, woz of oz

• 2 months later...

I'm with unpeeled on this one. My Windows 7 laptop recently became unstable and when I went to do a system restore, I had no restore points. This was after I installed V.4, but I'm not blaming AWC Pro for my computer's instability. Could have been malware, corrupted system files, whatever. I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 7 and reinstall all my software (yuck!). That was about 5 days ago. Now everything's up and running, I have plenty of space on my hard drive for restore points, I've used system restore a couple of times this past week after certain reinstalls of software didn't work right, and I thought everything was lookin' rosy. Now all of a sudden I have no restore points again! I've read the MS message about missing restore points, and AWC Pro is the only registry and general clean-up software I use. I was also running avast free as my AV software, and just upgraded to avast Pro (how could I resist for $10!), and now I have no restore points. Based on the MS message, these are the two likely culprits, and I was sure hoping to find an answer here on this forum, like yeah, sure, just change this setting on AWC and your problem will be solved. Well, so much for hope and change.

Deleted at Restart ?

Hi,

As far as I know there have not been any other members reporting this with Advanced SystemCare 4 except in this thread.

Could it be your Restore Points are being deleted at Restart?

The Microsoft Support article System Restore points are deleted after you restart your Windows 7-based computer has a list of Events that you could check to see if any are logged in the Event log.

Under the list of Events there is also Restore point deletion can also be caused by the following: which might prove useful.

There is also the Microsoft Support article Windows 7 deletes all System Restore Points upon reboot which describes how to disable, delete and then recreate the paging file.

All the best, woz of oz

Hi unpeeled

Like wozofoz I experience no problem with my System Restore points.

I have the setting that it only uses 3% of my harddrive for System Restore points. That means by me that I have 12 restore point in all.

The programs restore points in the Rescue center will of course not hold any restore points if it has just been installed and haven't been run yet.

I keep only 5 of those.

I was wondering if the antivirus program for security reasons had deleted previous System Restore points to make certain that that no virus would be restored if you ran a system restore after a virus check.

Good luck

Cheers

solbjerg

Evening All.

I was quite happy with the previous version, but V4 comes with unpleasant side effects...

I installed ASC4 on the 5th May and I now have no restore points prior to that date.

It's very much like ASC4 doesn't want to be rolled back and, worringly for other users as well as me, the internal restore option offered by the programme has no effect, at all.

I have mailed Obit, the programme provider, but had no response.

Obviously, I'd like to get shot of this software and have my System Restore options restored and I don't mind a bit of slash n burn to get there.

Any and all idiot-proof, non-techy style advice is welcome.

I live at - e-mail address is deleted for security reasons -

Cheers,

Shane

@ Unpeeled

Archived