IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How to keep browser history and favorite site cookies?

Hi.

I just registered to ask some questions about ASC.

I was using ASC 3 Pro for a year now, and just upgraded to ASC 4 Pro. I know about all the checkmark settings. I have been testing the Internet Explorer Privacy Sweep options, both in the Quick/Deep Care and Automatic Sweep sections.

1. If I check the box marked Cookies, all my sites make me login in again after a privacy sweep, even if I move those sites to Keep Cookies in the Ignore List section.

2. My Frequent Sites list is clearing out, even though none of the other options are checked in IE sections of Privacy Sweep.

What am I doing wrong that is still causing my cookies and URL history to wipe? I may have turned this all off in ASC 3.8 also because it wasn't behaving as I expected.

Also, when I set the new SmartRam to load with windows, Windows is blocking its startup and forcing me to manually approve it during each startup. Digging into Windows messages hints that it may have to do with certifications for the program.

Any ideas on what is happening?

I'm running on an HP Pavillion Notebook dv7 3.4Ghz Core Duo CPU with 3Gb of RAM. OS is Windows Vista Home Premium. Browser is IE8.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Privacy Sweep Finds Cookies In The Cookie Ignore List?

Hi, all.

I'm still trying to understand what is happening here. I'm seeing two annoying things:

1. My Frequent Sites list keeps clearing out.

2. My favorite websites keep making me log in. Something is wiping out my cookies.

I went to the Ignore List in the Settings and moved over the cookies for sites I want to keep to the Keep section and ran Privacy Sweep. Cookies for the KEEP sites are still showing up in the Privacy Sweep Report. Aren't these supposed to be ignored? Is this why my sites keep wiping out my logged in status and makes me log in again?

I also want to preserve my most frequently visited websites list. What setting controls this?

Thanks again in advance,

Steve

Enoskype,

Thanks for replying to my request for help.

Yes, I did see that thread. It seems to pertain to junk file cleaning, not privacy sweep cleaning.

I didn't see any control that affected what I was doing.

I'm trying to set up Privacy Sweep to not do two things:

1. Delete my browser history

2. Delete cookies to my preferred sites.

I thought that unchecking History in the IE section would keep my most frequent sites lists, but they seem to clear out anyway when privacy sweep runs.

Also, I thought that checking Cookies in IE and moving my preferred sites to the KEEP list in Ignore Cookies would protect the cookies for the sites I moved. This also does not seem to be happening.

Can others confirm this behavior?

Steve

Archived