IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Boot Time Defrag not working

Goldfinger

I have had Smart Defrag 2 installed for about a week. Since that time as far as I can tell Boot Time is not working. There has been nothing show up in the History. My computer has been turned on probly 7 or 8 times since I installed & I have Smart Defrag to Every 2 Day First Boot. The stats section is also completely blank.

Any ideas why it is not working?

Hi Goldfinger,

Please try using "Only next boot" option in Boot Time Defrag, click on No on the main GUI to activate the boot time defrag with changing to Yes, and restart the PC to see if it is working when booting.

Cheers.

Yes, that works. It only ran about 30 seconds then went on. The stats section on the GUI now shows today & the history shows today & 3 defraged. I'll reset it to every 2 days & back on & see what happens on Tues morning.

I did notice that when set for Only Next Boot, that there was an entry in the 'Scheduled Tasks' for SD. Now there isn't, even with it set for Every 2 Days & turned on. Should there be??

My understanding is that it should be there, but even turning ON Boot Time Defrag for "Only next boot", my task scheduler does not show it although boot time defrag works on the next boot. :roll:

I see only a schedule entry for automatic defrag when auto defrag set to ON.

Cheers.

Archived