IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Passive Defense - Advanced SystemCare V4

acme

The 'Passive Defense' scan in the 'Deep Care' screen always shows 4565 problems. I checked the box next to all the problems and clicked APPLY then clicked OK. But the problems never go away. I re-booted too , but it still shows the 4565 problems after I scan over and over.

The check marks in the box go away in the 'BHO PROTECTION', which has these 4565 errors, when you re-scan . :?:

Anybody have this problem?

Alan

Hi Alan, welcome to IObit forum again after more than 2 years! :-D

Can you please try the same procedure in Details: Passive Defense window after clicking on Show Details link for Passive Defense on the Main GUI of Deep Care for BHO Protection after disabling all your security softwares and exiting all browsers?

Go to Internet Options=>Security tab=>Restricted sites=>click Sites button=>Websites:=>check if the last item xu.xu.pl is there in the box by scrolling to the end. Which is also in the list of BHO Protection in ASC4.

It will be helpful to find the glitch if you give us information about your OS, hardware, security softwares and other IObit softwares.

Cheers.

Protection

Hi Alan, welcome to IObit forum again after more than 2 years! :-D

Can you please try the same procedure in Details: Passive Defense window after clicking on Show Details link for Passive Defense on the Main GUI of Deep Care for BHO Protection after disabling all your security softwares and exiting all browsers?

Go to Internet Options=>Security tab=>Restricted sites=>click Sites button=>Websites:=>check if the last item xu.xu.pl is there in the box by scrolling to the end. Which is also in the list of BHO Protection in ASC4.

It will be helpful to find the glitch if you give us information about your OS, hardware, security softwares and other IObit softwares.

Cheers.

I noticed when I checked the 'WEBSITE PROTECTION' and the 'COOKIE PROTECTION' and click on 'APPLY' it goes to 'PROTECTED' , but when I do the same for 'BHO PROTECTION' it stays 'UNPROTECTED' . Other words, no matter if you click it or let the 'REPAIR NOW' in the front page correct it, it will come back as 4565 PROBLEMS again each time.

I tried 'Select All' and 'Deselect All' on all three protections to make it fair, but the BOH protection won't go to 'Protected'.

I turned off my security and no other browsers were open.

I do have the XU.XU.PL in the restricted sites.

I have Windows 7, 64bit, Explorer 9, Norton 2011 anti-virus.

Thanks for your help,

Alan

Thanks for the info Alan.

Unfortunately I can't repeat your problem as I don't have 64 bit Win 7.

I understand from your info that you don't use any security program other than Norton A/V, otherwise I was going to suggest using the same function in IS360.

Let's see if we will have a response from IObit Team.

Cheers.

Keylogger

Thanks for the info Alan.

Unfortunately I can't repeat your problem as I don't have 64 bit Win 7.

I understand from your info that you don't use any security program other than Norton A/V, otherwise I was going to suggest using the same function in IS360.

Let's see if we will have a response from IObit Team.

Cheers.

I installed IS360 and it did the same thing, but I disabled my firewall (Online Armor) and it blocked the BHO PROTECTION again, but I allowed it to run and it was 'ok' . Online Armor now has the BHO PASSIVE DEFENSE tagged as a KEYLOGGER. I still have it blocked. I think I can make it run ok if I un-block the KEYLOGGER status for the BHO PASSIVE DEFENSE. :shock: Now do I allow it or keep it blocked :?

I think the firewall and program monitor sees the ACTIVE X word and corrals it...

I didn't click TRUST PROGRAM so it's still in Limbo Land.

I used the Windows 7 firewall when Online Armor was off. Windows 7 firewall didn't let the BHO work either, the Online Armor's Program and Keylogger protection was blocking the BHO .

(Using the Advance System Care V4 I never get a red flag asking to allow or block this problem, just did it with the IS360)

Alan

OK, so you have security software other than Norton, and now you can choose to trust the program in your firewall to make it work.

It is absolutely safe and in fact helps to strengthen the security.

Once those 4565 items are protected, you will not see them as problems in ASC4.

Cheers.

OK

OK, so you have security software other than Norton, and now you can choose to trust the program in your firewall to make it work.

It is absolutely safe and in fact helps to strengthen the security.

Once those 4565 items are protected, you will not see them as problems in ASC4.

Cheers.

It's working now, had to UNINSTALL it , then REINSTALL and run the SAFETY CHECK WIZARD on my firewall (Online Armor) to show it's not a Keylogger virus. ;-)

Alan

Archived