IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IMF Suggestions...

Hello, I just have a few things to say about IMF....

1-I love the way it looks!

2-It does OK on malware detection in my test.

3-It is nice and easy to use.

But there are some concerns I have...

1-The malware detection and cleanup could be a bit better...

2-The real-time detection is kinda, well...you get it

3-When it blocks something in real time, the popup looks like it was from 1995. Maybe a better looking one is in order?....

4-Not to many settings to play around with, i say.

I have been to a lot of other products and forum and i got my info form other company's and my own experience so I know how to test malware.

(some places is Panda Security, Avast software, Symantec, Etc.)

I ran into this because i checked the install IMF on accident, oops. But i am glad i did. This software detected 3-5 things that Avast and AVG did not in my own test, with malware detection / removal rate of 81% / 78%.

This is my first time testing an IOBit security software and so far there is room to improve...a lot..but I am with IOBit all the way!

I am kinda disappointed that people are still on the whole IOBit stole Malware-bytes signatures thing. I know IF YOU DID it would be to protect the costumers and I do not believe this not 1 bit. I am putting my tuust in IOBit, just with Avast beside it... ;-)

Good day!

Another thing is your cloud security. I know that users can submit flies to be scanned which is good,but what about if THE SERVERS are the ones analyzing files AUTOMATICALLY?! Like other company's making the switch to cloud protection. It would cost some money though, and it may create a lot of FP's but that is what we have the lab for... Please comment on what you think about this.

Hi Dr. Rootkit, welcome to IObit Forum! Nice to see security minded users here.

I totaly agree with your first post, but the suggestion in the second post makes me think a bit for the time beeing, since IObit is quite new in cloud technology and in my opinion, to have servers as you wish needs a bit of experience and time for that kind of investment.

Anyway, the idea is correct, but I doubt the timing.:idea:

BTW, IObit may think in parallel with you. :lol:

Cheers.:grin:

Aaahhh i am glad you agree, and I know see that IObit just made a big switch. I hope it effects it well. I did see an improvement between it and S360 (BTW: you may want to remove the download link in the website next to the S360 link, lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Need Better Instructions / Manual /Ddefinitions

So many things about IMF go unanswered. First; I had to search in these forums to learn that IMF offered superior protection that S360. After downloading IMF; I have lot's of Q's that I cant find answers to. what exactly is 'cloud technology' and why would one upload just one file? What do these 8 'guards' do; and why would one turn them on or off?

'Cloud technology' usually means that programs, files and data are (Run From) and (Stored On) a Server somewhere on the Internet or Network and Not on your Computer or remote-device.

So that means that most of the program's files do Not need to be installed on your computer, but will still operate on your computer.

Only the administrator of the Server has complete control of the software programs, but the user has control of his data files stored on server.

'Twitter' and 'Facebook' are good examples of Cloud Technology.

Changes need to be made to the behavioural warnings when installing programs. The program needs to be able to recognise such things as Avast and not flash a ridiculous pop up asking if you want it to be allowed to run at start up.

It needs to have a built in database of recognised safe products

Changes need to be made to the behavioural warnings when installing programs. The program needs to be able to recognise such things as Avast and not flash a ridiculous pop up asking if you want it to be allowed to run at start up.

It needs to have a built in database of recognised safe products

Are You Volunteering to Update that data-base for them, every few days. :lol:

(I don't think you will need to do it Every day) ;-)

Are You Volunteering to Update that data-base for them, every few days. :lol:

(I don't think you will need to do it Every day) ;-)

Other security programs, firewalls etc have a built in database of known programs especially Antivirus programs so why not iobit or is it too much to expect them to be professional?

Archived