IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Which would you call it?

Does anyone question if Iobit MF is an antivirus or just a removal tool. I an just wondering....

Antivirus:

-real time protection

-Good protection rate

-frequent updates

-Sometimes can run along with another AV

Removal tool:

-no real time protection/ not very effective one

-Not to many updates, like 1-2 a day

-just gets out the viruses it knows

-can run along another AV

Please tell me what you think....

I have told my minecraft friends about the product and most of them have downloaded it for extra protection. But they question on should they uninstall there current solution, as i told them not to.

IMF is not an antivirus. Its and Anti-Malware solution which co-exist with Anti-Virus program. IMF PRO version provide real time protection against Malware and do automatic updates too. But lack of frequent updates as par with other Anti-Malware Solutions. IMF still implementing and has bugs yet. So I think though it's an Anti-Malware solution, we cannot compare yet and not implemented for general use yet.

That's my idea...

Due to bugs I reverted to IS360 from IMF...

Cheers...

Hi guys,

Please read the recent announcement below @: http://www.iobit.com/security360.html

Important Announcement

Dear users, please be informed that we have stopped permanently the development and maintenance of IObit Security 360 product (both Free and Pro Editions) as we think the traditional technology cannot meet the new requirements of fighting emerging Internet security threats.

Paid users of IObit Security 360 PRO will still have our free technical support and automatic update to our new security software for free.

We have developed a new security product - IObit Malware Fighter which is based upon Cloud Computing technology. Learn more about IObit Malware Fighter here.

Thanks.

Cheers.

Hi Dr. Rootkit!

IMF is an effective anti-malware/spyware tool... the updates are adequate!

Be careful of the quantity of auto-updaters you have running in your system, they will clutter and slow you down.

Any software company can make themself to appear to update... just by showing you an icon or giving you a message/alert. They may even say they are downloading the newest updates when all they are doing is confirming the updates they already downloaded.

But as Dr. Rootkit... you know this already.

Live long and prosper,

-Mel

What do you mean...

You wish to understand what I write, but you won't write clearly yourself... huh?

"And their is a lack of frequent updates.....huh"

Is the glass half full or half empty??????????????? What is your true question??

This is HELP FORUM for users of IOBIT PRODUCTS. Nobody here directly works for IOBIT. If you would state a question or concern you need help with concerning Iobit Products... you will find it!

Philisophical observations such as... ["it is hard to find a company that tells the truth these days...."] don't do any good to anybody who come here for help.

-Mel

Here is what I mean....

True question, there is no true question. It is a statement that tries to get people to think "Hey, this product should update more!' And maybe that will increase the chances of it helping a user out there infected with something as their current solution does not help with. And then maybe the will be like "Oh, I am glad I choose iobit instead of some big, overpaid security suite."

I know that this is a HELP FORUM, but that does not mean THE USERS are the only one that needs help. The company itself NEEDS HELP. COMMUNITY is one of the most important things cloud security company's NEEDS.

I know no one here works for iobit as y'all have been posting it all over the forum! But maybe someone form the company NEEDS to come on and see what their users are thinking.

I am simply trying to give ideas to help the company IMPROVE which is something it NEEDS so it can get more USERS that will just forget about it past and help the company IMPROVE now.

And now it may not help people without common SENSE. COMMON SENSE is something EVERYONE should have on a forum. The power to make inferences to solve problems and help others is important cause sometimes people don't even know what their problem is.

And if you still don't know I am giving ideas to try to help improve the product so it attracts more community and that means more samples and that means more threats being able to get spotted and more help improving the product.

And no I do not have a glass, only a response....

Good day to you!

Archived