IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Pinned documents going away

askjacq

Hi askjacq

Please check your settings in Privacy. If you want your recently used document to be shown, you should not have a setting that cleans them away.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ever since I bought the full version of Advanced System Care, my pinned documents in word and excel don't show up. How do I stop ASC from eliminating my pinned documents list?

Hi askjacq

Please try turning it off all placed where it may have an influence.

In general settings Privacy is mentioned.

In privacy it is of course also mentioned

In junk files Recently used files is mentioned.

In automatic care privacy is mentioned - so is junk files.

In automatic cleaning it is mentioned

After chosing the settings click apply and then close.

Close the program or restart the computer and then try again please.

Cheers

solbjerg

I turned off all the privacy settings and ran the deep clean - pinned documents gone again.

Some of the ASC utilities are Designed to Change and Delete data from your computer.

It is the Resposibility of the User to activate the Utilities and Options that are Required and Needed for their system configuration and Deactivate those that are not.

Responsiblity

But it's also the responsibility of the software manufacturer to make the program easy to use for its users. There should be an easy to find setting that says "delete recent files and pinned documents" - yes or no. My question is - where is it?

ASC is a collection of Many Utilities that Do Many things.

Each utility can be run separately Or all Together. (with check-mark boxes)

The Settings for Some of them requires Time to do and Knowledge of what they are Doing in your system.

There are Settings for the utilities and there are Also Settings for the Automatic Care and Sweep,

so don't forget those if you have activated Automatic Services.

Also, the Settings in the 'Toolbox' - 'Privacy' program are not the same as the settings in the 'Care' - 'Privacy' program.

I prefer the one in Toolbox if I'm not sure, since it gives you the option to delete or not, after running Analyze to see what is there.

Hi askjacq

If you check the details for each application prior to "cleaning" you should be able to see which application delete the items you want to keep.

And then configure the settings accordingly.

Cheers

solbjerg

But it's also the responsibility of the software manufacturer to make the program easy to use for its users. There should be an easy to find setting that says "delete recent files and pinned documents" - yes or no. My question is - where is it?

Archived