IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Only Quick Pops up?

Cescokid

I notice that when I click on the "AdvancedSystemCare" Icon, I only get the "Quick Care" function even if I pick the "Full" Icon.

Re-booting computer reinstates the correct function some times.

Dell 2.5Ghz, 8GB Mem, 64bit, Quad core Tower (desktop to most people)

It's difficult to imagine what you are seeing.

Is only a portion of the main window being displayed or are you saying that some of the buttons do not do anything?

If part of it is missing, Can you do a Screen-capture, so we can see what you are seeing?

Welcome

Welcome to the forum Cescokid :smile:

Looking at your 'rig' specs I guess you have already checked that the icon address is correct, but just in case.

Right click on both icons and select Properties

In the Target window the addresses should read:

Advanced SystemCare: "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\ASC.exe"

Quick Care: "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\ASC.exe" /quickcare

If the Advanced SystemCare Target is wrong then edit the address to correct it or delete that shortcut and create a new one.

Personally, I would delete the old shortcut and create a new one anyway, then I know it's ok :wink:

I have only seen this happen once before here on the forum (on XP Pro) and since we didn't get any feedback I don't know if renewing the icon or the address fixed it.

I can only assume (and hope) that no more questions from a member means they have the answer.

By the way, I moved your thread to the Advanced SystemCare 4 forum

All the best, woz of oz

2 Icons on desktop

It's difficult to imagine what you are seeing.

Is only a portion of the main window being displayed or are you saying that some of the buttons do not do anything?

Hi Toppack :smile:

When Advanced SystemCare 4 is installed it creates 2 icons on the desktop one to the full ASC and one directly to the Quick Care interface.

I think Cescokid means that sometimes clicking on the full ASC shortcut brings up the Quick Care interface instead.

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Toppack :smile:

When Advanced SystemCare 4 is installed it creates 2 icons on the desktop one to the full ASC and one directly to the Quick Care interface.

I think Cescokid means that sometimes clicking on the full ASC shortcut brings up the Quick Care interface instead.

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks for the explanation.

I assumed that was Impossible! :shock: :lol:

ScreenShots

Welcome to the forum Cescokid :smile:

Looking at your 'rig' specs I guess you have already checked that the icon address is correct, but just in case.

Right click on both icons and select Properties

In the Target window the addresses should read:

Advanced SystemCare: "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\ASC.exe"

Quick Care: "C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 4\ASC.exe" /quickcare

If the Advanced SystemCare Target is wrong then edit the address to correct it or delete that shortcut and create a new one.

Personally, I would delete the old shortcut and create a new one anyway, then I know it's ok :wink:

I have only seen this happen once before here on the forum (on XP Pro) and since we didn't get any feedback I don't know if renewing the icon or the address fixed it.

I can only assume (and hope) that no more questions from a member means they have the answer.

By the way, I moved your thread to the Advanced SystemCare 4 forum

All the best, woz of oz

I have screen shots but your file size limit is too low, do you have an email address? I could use the Adobe X file transfer or just attach it to an email.

Problem

I noticed that the "stickey notes" did not stay on the converted file....

That is the problem in a nutshell.......:oops::?:-(

Both your screenshots say Advanced SystemCare 4 as the title (not Target location) but my Quick Care icon has ASC Quick Care as the title. See image. I can't remember if I renamed the icon or not but it's possible that I did

Did you accidentally attach the same image twice?

Either I can't see the end of the Target address in your images or the address does not have /quickcare on the end of the Quick Care icon Target address. See image

If it doesn't then add a space after ASC.exe" then /quickcare and rename it if necessary.

Make sure the ASC full icon has the address without the space then /quickcare at the end.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7677&stc=1&d=1306460961

All the best, woz of oz

Tried that-- new error msg

I tried the "fix"... New error message attached. Icon for QuickCare was as you indicated bit Full version did not have it, when I typed it in and picked the "apply" button, I got the attached error msg. I am going to uninstall, defrag, reboot & reinstall program to see what happens...... Later, gater!!

Followup

As I last posted, I uninstalled ASC4, (found that Smart Defrag & Security 360 nolonger worked) Defragged, restarted computer & reinstalled ASC4.

Full version now works.... interestingly the "target" line, as installed and working, does not have the /quickcare on the end of the line!!!???

That ought to give you something to "play with" for a while?

Debugging & beta testing is sooo much fun......

.... interestingly the "target" line, as installed and working, does not have the /quickcare on the end of the line!!!???

That ought to give you something to "play with" for a while?

Not Me.... I consider it All MAGIC, anyway:!: :-D

Good news

As I last posted, I uninstalled ASC4, (found that Smart Defrag & Security 360 nolonger worked) Defragged, restarted computer & reinstalled ASC4.

Full version now works....

That's good news, thanks for the feedback :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived