IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD Breaks My Computer Down

aletheia

Hello,

I have just signed up to the forums so that i can post my problem. I have been using Iobot Products for a while, and i have been pleased about them(ASC, Iobit Security 360, Game Booster, SD, Toolbox). But unfortunetely last night, a terrible thing happened; in the middle of my examens session.

Before i go to bed, i turned Smart Defrag 2, and chose "Defrag and fully optimized" (i guess i typed it right); and after it starts, i have gone to my bed and sleep. With the hope that my computer will be more effective, fast, clean by the morning.

But, here it comes the problem, big promlem for me: When i woke up, i realised that my computer is not working (shut down). I firstly thought that my electricity may gone off. I checked it and no, there was still electricity. I changed my computer's battery plug, but that did not work neither. So, apparently, something was wrong with my computer.

I pull the plug of my computer, wait a little, and tried again. The battery works for only 5-6 seconds and then it went off. So right now, my computer is not working. I could not imagine that SD would be so risky like that. I have spoken to my technical service, they told me "in the input of battery cable, there must be a problem electrical.

For the conclusion, i am now without my computer in the middle of my examens seasons and in a foreign country, so i can't just go to my technical service.

Any ideas?

Ps; my computer is XP with Service Pack 3.

The problem with trying to troubleshoot that problem, there are So MANY things that could cause it.

Some one with computer diagnostic experience is needed, to go through the steps, to isolate the problem.

I'm sure that SD did Not cause the problem, unless there was already a defective component, such as Hard-drive or drive-interface

which failed during defrag by SD.

SD will defrag External-drives with No problems, if it is a normal hard-drive with normal Format, connected through USB port.

As long as Windows can see the external drive, then SD should be able to also.

It can not defrag Backup or Compressed files, if that is what is on the External drive,

but SD will Not freeze when finding those type files, it just by-passes them.

Archived