IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Possible help with computer issue..I use Pro

I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem or has had this problem.

I mouse & keyboard issues. I thought it was because they were usb but today i plugged in a mouse and I am having the same issue.

The mouse stalls.. or hangs up same with keyboard. I have looked around ASC P to see if there was anything i could run. Nothing comes up.

This is a emachine 1 yr old and until recently ran great..ASCpro help

I am also thinking its some kind of connection issue..but I am on DSL and other computer and not doing this.

I checked out add-ons only have a few

Its like...when I click tools just now...mouse gets stuck..

and it takes a few minutes to react.

Anyone have a clue..

I figure maybe someone in tech support in iobit..may have seen this.

Lord its just driving me over the edge

any suggestions hope its ok to ask here

thanks

Is it actually "a few minutes" or is it a few seconds?

If it really is Minutes, I have No idea what could cause that.

But I've seen a computer with a few seconds freeze of mouse, that they think was caused by defective RAM module, since the problem went away when the RAM was changed.

I would think that some software, running in background, running in a Loop mode, could cause that also, though.

Did you run 'Process-Explorer' or 'Process-manager' to see if it showed any unwanted programs running?

Slow mouse

I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem or has had this problem.

I mouse & keyboard issues. I thought it was because they were usb but today i plugged in a mouse and I am having the same issue.

The mouse stalls.. or hangs up same with keyboard. I have looked around ASC P to see if there was anything i could run. Nothing comes up.

This is a emachine 1 yr old and until recently ran great..ASCpro help

I am also thinking its some kind of connection issue..but I am on DSL and other computer and not doing this.

I checked out add-ons only have a few

Anyone have a clue..

I figure maybe someone in tech support in iobit..may have seen this.

Lord its just driving me over the edge

any suggestions hope its ok to ask here

thanks

If it is a Notebook or Netbook:

Does it happen when it is plugged into power?

If it works ok when plugged into power but the keyboard and mouse are slow when running on battery then your battery might need replacing.

If it is a desktop computer:

Does the slow keyboard and mouse happen all the time or only when using certain software?

When you say "Its like...when I click tools just now...mouse gets stuck.." do you mean "tools" in the menu of FireFox?

If you do, FireFox can eventually use a lot of RAM especially if you have a lot of Tabs open at once and/or watch YouTube type videos (plugin-container.exe). If you close FireFox this will clear it from memory then you can launch it again and see if that helps.

As Toppack has said, you could check your processes with Task Manager

• Launch Task Manager (press and hold Ctrl+Alt+Del keys at the same time)

• Click Task Manager Options and select Always On Top if necessary (a tick will appear beside it)

• Click on the Processes tab

"Its like...when I click tools just now...mouse gets stuck.." Drag the Task Manager window away from "tools" if necessary

• Click "tools" as you did before

• Watch the Task Manager Processes to see if anything gets a large increase in CPU and/or Mem Usage

Pay particular attention to the process 'explorer.exe' and your security software processes.

Edit: What security software do you use?

If you have seen a large increase in CPU and/or Mem Usage from your security software, I suggest you launch your security software and read any logs or reports to see if it is scanning something at the time you notice slow mouse clicks.

If it is scanning every time you click on certain actions then it might be the security software 'real time protection' slowing things down (this has happened to me).

If this is the case it would be best to search the forum of your security software or ask about it there.

Please post back and keep us updated :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

• 2 weeks later...

Driver issues??

Have you added or removed any programs lately that may have messed around with the drivers? Sometimes removing programs, may take drivers or dll's that more than one program or device rely on. Just a thought? Have you run your antivirus program, (make sure it's up to date) to rule out a virus problem.

You haven't mentioned what operating system? Win XP? Vista? Have you tried restarting the computer in safe mode, to see if the problem exists.

Not sure if I'm a help or a hindrance, there are many more talented people out there than me, hopefully somebody will know the right answer and get back to you, in the meantime.....................

Good luck with it!

Archived