IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Is anyone else having problem with ASC 4.0.1 SmartRam not keeping settings..

after rebooting pc? Several applications are high mem usage. Run the smart/deep clean, all is good, then reboot and again high mem usage.

I'm having the same problem as I did with 4.0

I'm still using 3.8.0 SmartRam and it runs just fine.

You certainly do have a Lot of programs running!

Are they all being loaded at bootup?

Why don't you only load and run all those utilities when they are Needed, Instead? (disable auto load at bootup)

Only a few are really needed at bootup, such as Security program.

They require a great deal of computer Resources and Time, when loaded all at the same time.

Not really

You certainly do have a Lot of programs running!

- Not really. I've seen worse on others pc.

Are they all being loaded at bootup?

-No, most of them are delayed using Startup Delayer.

Why don't you only load and run all those utilities when they are Needed, Instead?

- I do, see above.

Only a few are really needed at bootup, such as Security program.

-Yep.

They require a great deal of computer Resources and Time, when loaded all at the same time.

-Yep, that's why I have some delayed by several minutes.

But why is it that I don't have the problem with ASC 3.8.0 SmartRam?

Sorry, I still don't see the problem?

The RAM usage appears to be fairly Normal to me.

Is it the ones you have underlined that appear different in RAM usage?

I see that Avast uses more memory than the Security program that I use, but that may be normal?

Many of the other programs I don't presently have on this system, so I can not compare those.

I don't even know what Rainlender2 is? :lol:

Okay, I checked on Rainlender and I see that it downloads data to your computer, so there would definitely be a variation in RAM needed by that program.

I think iexplorer.exe (the Browser) would need different amounts, depending on which and how many websites are active at the time.

The Browser normally uses a great deal of memory.

Sorry, I still don't see the problem?

- If you can't, then you can't help here. No offense, but I tried to be as clear as possible.

The RAM usage appears to be fairly Normal to me.

- But they're not. In "a" is after performing Smart Clean, 'b" is after reboot. Why are the underlined so damn high even after 2-4 hours of not using the pc?

Is it the ones you have underlined that appear different in RAM usage?

- Yes.

I see that Avast uses more memory that the Security program that I use, but that may be normal?

-Yes, Avast is just fine.

Many of the other program I don't presently on this system, so I can not compare those.

QUOTE]

Probably the best thing for me is forget the new SmartRam and stay with the old until it's no longer supported and look as elsewhere.

New SmartRam sucks

Don't mean to be harsh, but the new SR just sucks. Not your fault.

Those underlined apps numbers will keep increasing to the point where the pc struggles. At one point IE was 120mb, surfing the web was nearly impossible.

It's like the auto-free function doesn't do it's job.

-

I'm glad it's working for you, really, wish it worked for me.

Why does it have to be my pc setup? ASC 3.8.0 SR works great. All other apps work fine but not SR 2.0.

I always do a complete uninstall/install from fresh download. Use Revo, CCleaner and etc. for all leftover crap.

I appreciate you guys help and advice. But SR 2.0 just ain't doing it for me and I'd bet the farm I'm not the only one.

Archived