IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deleted Clones Files Created Bunch Of Problems

EarlPearl

FINDER of cloned files

Hi all

The cloned files finder is an application that FINDS cloned files.

What you do with them is entirely up to you!!

There are several settings you can use - so please explore these possibilities.

First I think it advisable to select the the Safe Mode option - here you can also add what sections to exclude from the cloned files search.

This action alone will make the number of found cloned files smaller.

The selection of file extensions to scan can also make the number of found clones smaller.

There are many more possibilities - so please read about how to use the application before jumping in with both eyes closed.

Even if all safe settings are implemented you still have to check each of the files before deleting any.

Remember that it is a Cloned files FINDER!

I do think that the legend in ASC that Recommends the use of the Toolbox should use the word Suggestion instead.

The Toolbox is an extra service given freely to ASC users - but it is in my opinion primarily to be used by users that understand what they are doing.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Please read my comments here too:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11740

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SILLY ME, IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN I BOUGHT (THIS) MY FIRST PC AND FOUND NOT A SINGLE INSTRUCTION. SO IT HAS BEEN WITH EVERYTHING PC, insufficient instructions, LUCKILY I ONLY DELETED ONE CLONED FILE BEFORE SEEKING HELP....I DO THANK IOBIT FOR OFFERING THE FREE PRO EDITION OF V. 4.4 ON FB, but, they do need to explain detai;s better

Hi All

1000100 1101111 1101110 1101111 1110100 1110101 1110011 1100101 1110101 1101110 1101100 1100101 1110011 1110011 1111001 1101111 1110101 1101011 1101110 1101111 1110111 1110111 1101000 1100001 1110100 1111001 1101111 1110101 1100001 1110010 1100101 1100100 1101111 1101001 1101110 1100111 100001

(the above string is the binary depiction of the letters in this sentence: "Do not use unless you know what you are doing!")

Cheers

solbjerg :-)

Hi all

The cloned files finder is an application that FINDS cloned files.

What you do with them is entirely up to you!!

There are several settings you can use - so please explore these possibilities.

First I think it advisable to select the the Safe Mode option - here you can also add what sections to exclude from the cloned files search.

This action alone will make the number of found cloned files smaller.

The selection of file extensions to scan can also make the number of found clones smaller.

There are many more possibilities - so please read about how to use the application before jumping in with both eyes closed.

Even if all safe settings are implemented you still have to check each of the files before deleting any.

Remember that it is a Cloned files FINDER!

I do think that the legend in ASC that Recommends the use of the Toolbox should use the word Suggestion instead.

The Toolbox is an extra service given freely to ASC users - but it is in my opinion primarily to be used by users that understand what they are doing.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Please read my comments here too:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=11740

Hi All

1000100 1101111 1101110 1101111 1110100 1110101 1110011 1100101 1110101 1101110 1101100 1100101 1110011 1110011 1111001 1101111 1110101 1101011 1101110 1101111 1110111 1110111 1101000 1100001 1110100 1111001 1101111 1110101 1100001 1110010 1100101 1100100 1101111 1101001 1101110 1100111 100001

(the above string is the binary depiction of the letters in this sentence: "Do not use unless you know what you are doing!")

Cheers

solbjerg :-)

:-D

That Should be in the Header of Every Software program! :lol:

The defaults need to be reset to a more user friendy NT platform (across the board). The :-):sad: needs to be removed form the main ASC GUI. Functions that WILL damage your system must be removed to an "Advanced User" area of the software!

Or... Iobit can continue its current course and make so many people mad:evil: that they run off their customer Base.

Just so you know earlier versions are still archived and available.

I wonder if I will soon not be welcome here.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!!!

Hi Mel

As I have said a couple of times I think the choice of the word "Recommended" for the use of the Toolbox should be changed to for example "Suggestion" (Explore the Toolbox)

(Exploring means finding out about surroundings and possibilities))

But the real problem in my opinion is that some people do not read manuals or seek any information before trying out anything..

After all having a hammer in the house doesn't mean that you absolutely have to use this hammer for the finer work on your computer. :-)

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Cheers

solbjerg

The defaults need to be reset to a more user friendy NT platform (across the board). The :-):sad: needs to be removed form the main ASC GUI. Functions that WILL damage your system must be removed to an "Advanced User" area of the software!

Or... Iobit can continue its current course and make so many people mad:evil: that they run off their customer Base.

Just so you know earlier versions are still archived and available.

I wonder if I will soon not be welcome here.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!!!

My best wishes and happy Christmas to you... as well as merry Hannukah!

Hi Mel

As I have said a couple of times I think the choice of the word "Recommended" for the use of the Toolbox should be changed to for example "Suggestion" (Explore the Toolbox)

(Exploring means finding out about surroundings and possibilities))

But the real problem in my opinion is that some people do not read manuals or seek any information before trying out anything..

After all having a hammer in the house doesn't mean that you absolutely have to use this hammer for the finer work on your computer. :-)

I agree 100% with your statements!!!

I think the majority of the users will not do the work involved to learn about the tools even after being hit over the head with their own hammer!!:-?

Many of the users currently posting with big problems in their system did the click and fix without bothering to learn... because they want it NOW and they want it EASY! If they have to learn... (not what they want... takes too much time).

Many believe that optimizing their registry actually will solve their issues! That is primarily why they download ASC. (they are misguided and mis-informed) If they wanted to do some work and learn about what is actually slowing their systems... they would have!!!

But they have chosen Iobit software and Iobit wants to sell as much of it as they can!

This is why I continue to post my opinion about the defaults and creating the advanced scan etc.

So that Iobit can deliver the click and fix to the lazy a---s, then they have less headaches, problems, and negative posts on other forums as well as this one... preserving Iobit's revenue stream and strengthening their loyalty instead of undermining it.

In this case... ignorance is not bliss!

The other recommendations along with the :-):sad: face about the scans I am most adamantly opposed to!! I haven't run a deep scan in a long time because I don't need to. For me to have a :-( is absolutely an insult!) For many users (who are not learning about what they're doing) it is an enticement to damage their systems and wonder what happened... then badmouth Iobit to all their friends and family, and then give bad reviews online all over the place!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!:-D

Hi Mel

I understand your concern, but the usual evolving of programs go from the simple to the more complex usually.

This is often in response to the wishes of some users - usually the more advanced - and therefore makes the programs more complex.

I agree that this necessitates more explanation, - I see two major problems with that - one is the sheer amount of information - the other is the problem of getting users to read it. :-)

Hanukka this year in the Jewish calender (Chanukkah) lasts from 21. dec. to 28. dec both days included.

I falls between late november and late december and is a festival of light that lasts 8 days.

The menorah only had virgin oil for one day after the Greek occupation, but even so burned for all 8 days (probably some temple caretaker used some non-virgin oil for supplement) :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I agree 100% with your statements!!!

I think the majority of the users will not do the work involved to learn about the tools even after being hit over the head with their own hammer!!:-?

Many of the users currently posting with big problems in their system did the click and fix without bothering to learn... because they want it NOW and they want it EASY! If they have to learn... (not what they want... takes too much time).

Many believe that optimizing their registry actually will solve their issues! That is primarily why they download ASC. (they are misguided and mis-informed) If they wanted to do some work and learn about what is actually slowing their systems... they would have!!!

But they have chosen Iobit software and Iobit wants to sell as much of it as they can!

This is why I continue to post my opinion about the defaults and creating the advanced scan etc.

So that Iobit can deliver the click and fix to the lazy a---s, then they have less headaches, problems, and negative posts on other forums as well as this one... preserving Iobit's revenue stream and strengthening their loyalty instead of undermining it.

In this case... ignorance is not bliss!

The other recommendations along with the :-) face about the scans I am most adamantly opposed to!! I haven't run a deep scan in a long time because I don't need to. For me to have a :-( is absolutely an insult!) For many users (who are not learning about what they're doing) it is an enticement to damage their systems and wonder what happened... then badmouth Iobit to all their friends and family, and then give bad reviews online all over the place!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!:-D

• 1 month later...

I also deleted a bunch of cloned files by using the cloned files scanner. And now I am in deep trouble because I lost all my documents :shock: and also all my music.

I really hope there is a way to get all my documents back!

Please help:!:

Hi Ingrid! Welcome to the Iobit forums.

First, look in your recycle bin... if any of the files are there you can restore them.

Second, see if you can get any of them back using the Iobit undelete tool in the ASC toolbox.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9477&d=1328922170

Third, if your system is damaged try using system restore to repair it... If that doesn't work you can repair it using the Windows recovery disk that came with your machine.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

• 4 months later...
I deleted bunch of cloned files one by one using the cloned files scanner without realizing you are not supposed to do that. It was unclear which files were needed and which weren't. Assuming that everything that is cloned is not needed I went on to delete everything but it was too much so I left it probably half way.

Now I can't open my microsoft suite documents and there are other problems with browsing. Is there anyway I could change and recover those cloned files. I don't have back u; system restore doesn't do anything I've tried.

I need help too and as fast as you can. plz, I rly need your help with finding a solution for this problem.

look what happened after i deleted these files without paying attention:

[Pay attention to the gadgets and the background, and even the IE (I deleted chrome accidently with the cloned files scanner)]

and also look at hard drive D:

[i recovered the files using ParteoLogic Data Recovery and it worked, but I don't want to sort them each one to their folder, so if you can help in that also, I will be very pleased :)]

NOTE: there are a lot of files I recovered to D but I didn't want to take a photo of all of them. (not all of the file that i recoverd are from D, some of them recovered from C)

Hello bar400,

Please try to do a system restore or reboot your computer in Last Known Good Configuration mode to solve the issue.

Note: Please do not delete all the files found by Cloned Files Scanner. Some of them are necessary. Please check the files carefully before you decide to delete.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it possible for someone to copy the missing file from an XP computer and email it to me? Think it might work?

Why don't you just run 'sfc/ scannow' and insert your Windows OS disk when asked to?... This is the easiest way to totally restore your Windows File System. Shame on iobit :-x for offering up such a useless (and it is!) utility as this cloned file scanner. It seems to me that the prog is not complete.

I have had great luck with Fast Duplicate File Finder. It's free, it's safe, and best of all- IT WORKS!!!

Here's a guide for running 'sfc/ scannow': http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/sfc-scannow.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi..just made the same mistake,deleted a lot of cloned files,but there where so many that I clicked "help"..and that's how I saw the thread here ..OMG .!!! Anyway..I went to the toolbox and yes ..I retrieved all my deleted files with the tool Undelete ...but I don't know if that's a good thing cause it repared 3680 files and I didn't delete that many:roll:..maybe it's better to try system restore after all??

Hi EarlPearl,

Our Cloned Files Finder only help you find those duplicated files. You should decide whether they are useless or unnecessary before you delete them.

For solving your concern, if you failed to get those files back after try a system restore, please try Undelete in Toolbox to see whether retrieve those deleted files.

Toolbox Download:

http://www.iobit.com/toolbox.html

Thanks for your understanding.

Hi verinox

The positive thing is that all deleted "clones" are placed in the Recycle bin -

One has to know this in order to configure the settings not to empty the Recycle bin automatically or directly - or to clean it out by running a cleaning operation that also clean out the Recycle bin (check you program settings)

I will leave a little file as a guide attached to the post

I hope it explains it sufficiently.

No program can replace your own intelligence or preference.

You may even want to keep some of the duplicates for your own convenience.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I have written several posts on the subject - if interested please find those.

Good place to start is in Usage of IObit Products (link in my signature)

Hi..just made the same mistake,deleted a lot of cloned files,but there where so many that I clicked "help"..and that's how I saw the thread here ..OMG .!!! Anyway..I went to the toolbox and yes ..I retrieved all my deleted files with the tool Undelete ...but I don't know if that's a good thing cause it repared 3680 files and I didn't delete that many:roll:..maybe it's better to try system restore after all??

Many users don't know that the Iobit toolbox was initially designed in mind for IT professionals to use and then reconsidered and incorporated into ASC plus made available as a stand alone. The cloned files scanner is a tool that I believe to be intended for the IT professional.

Since it was never marketed this way I have a strong opinion that a small amount of development should be made to it to include Warnings and Precautions... but that is my opinion. As it is, people unknowingly run it and (as posted on this forum) are known to have destroyed their OS. I would even offer that it be removed from the toolbox if it is to be left unchanged... as it offers very little help to the untrained or unknowledgable user.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Mel

I agree that some more warning would be better fx. to insert a warning at the top of every window that care should be taken and every item considered before deleting anything.

But I would like to keep it because it offers an easy way to FIND possible files that have more duplicates than you need.

It is not a deleting tool but a tool to find possible unnecessary files on your computer. What you want to do with them is solely up to you.

I still have quite a few duplicates on my computer but those I want to keep. Many of them are picture files that I have in two or more locations because I have placed them there myself to be able to send a particular picture file to someone else instead of only having all my picture files in one location. The same goes for both sound files and music files.

For example - I made some years ago a "bird file" where I had a picture of the bird and a description of it and a sound file that described it's "song".

These files are in several locations for various reasons and in almost all instances I want to keep them there. Consequently I haven't blindly deleted them.

I suppose that IObit has incorporated this finders tool in the toolbox to give users a service that helps them find possibly unnecessary files in their computers.

It certainly isn't a tool where you can blindly delete anything it finds.

In this day and age with TB harddisks the few MB you may save by cleaning doesn't matter much.

I also have a small anal fixation on cleaning and like to keep things tidy. But I am not cleaning my house by throwing out all my furniture and all paraphenalia and pressure-hosing it inside and out. I do that bit by bit when I feel like it :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Perhaps taking the ability to tick all files for deletion should be taken out of the menu. It should be seen as a finders tool not as a deletion tool!!!

p.p.s. Hi Mel! - I find it a great help that the program FINDS the duplicates - going through all my files to try to find them without having the program would really tax my patience :-)

Many users don't know that the Iobit toolbox was initially designed in mind for IT professionals to use and then reconsidered and incorporated into ASC plus made available as a stand alone. The cloned files scanner is a tool that I believe to be intended for the IT professional.

Since it was never marketed this way I have a strong opinion that a small amount of development should be made to it to include Warnings and Precautions... but that is my opinion. As it is, people unknowingly run it and (as posted on this forum) are known to have destroyed their OS. I would even offer that it be removed from the toolbox if it is to be left unchanged... as it offers very little help to the untrained or unknowledgable user.

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

Hi Toppack

Yes I think we think alike on several subjects :-)

I sometimes wonder if some of the people that like the one-click approach shouldn't consider a three click approach - click start to start the computer, then click start again and then click close :-)

Perhaps open the machine and leave it open for 1 hour or so to let all automatic functions run their course and then activate an automatic function that shut down the computer until the next time the urge to do something overcame you. :-) That would be a true one-click approach :-)

What a lot of things we would have time to do around the house then :-)

In my more lucid moments I do remember a time where I found joy in other activities than using a mouse and hammering on keyboards. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I Agree!

That's how I have used it.

Hi solbjerg & Toppack,

I personally agree with you two. How about to classify the tools in Toolbox into two classifications. One classification is for common user, such as Uninstaller, Files Shredder; and the other one with Cloned Files Scanner, Empty Folder Scanner etc. is for Experts with a warning.

Hi solbjerg & Toppack,

I personally agree with you two. How about to classify the tools in Toolbox into two classifications. One classification is for common user, such as Uninstaller, Files Shredder; and the other one with Cloned Files Scanner, Empty Folder Scanner etc. is for Experts with a warning.

I have to admit that the cloned files scanner has been usefull to me as well.

Cicely: You are talking about redesigning the toolbox and I'm all for that!

This is a good approach. I think I've always thought of the tools and posted on them individually... I've never thought about redesigning the toolbox altogether as nothing has been done in that area for so long. I can see from the programming end that it would be the easier to do it this way... also very fast.

Cool!!

Sincerely,

-Mel

Live long and prosper!

P.S. I just caught myself using the word "cool" spontaneously... that takes me back 30 years! thanks!!

Hi solbjerg & Toppack,

Good idea :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Cicely

Nice to hear your thoughts about the toolbox - it may help some users avoid mistakes.

I still think though that emphazising that care, preference and intelligence should be used when applying the tools is the important message.

I really liked the standalone version of the toolbox that you could take along on a stick and use while helping others. I still use it.

But I understand and appreciate the kindness that made you incorporate the abilities of the toolbox into ASC.

Thanks!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg & Toppack,

Archived