IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Locked Protected Folder's Path, please help

Uodai91

So I keep a folder called "Master File" on my computer so that I can easily organize my games, utilities, documents, etc. all on one path instead of all lumped together in program files. I wanted to protect the whole thing with one password so that I wouldn't accidentally change anything. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention to where I installed Protected Folder and locked it inside Master File with all of my other IObit products. And Yes, I locked my web browser inside too, so I'm sitting here on my iPod begging someone to help me get out this mess!

I already made a failed attempt to do a System Restore to back before I installed the program, but even that said "Acess Denied." I don't really know what else to do since half my computer was in that file, and there's no backup since it's so large.

Please help!

• 1 month later...

I need help with this also

I was trying to protect all the important files to make sure they were not tampered with and also placed my Programs Files including the protected folder, Iobit malware, and advanced system care 4. Now I cannot access the folder. I did a system restore in Safe mode, and had no luck other then regaining access to the internet and some files, but not the protected folder. When I try to open the protected folder it just states that: This service cannot be started in safe mode.

I hope this is not a major issue, please direct me in what to do.

Thanks

:-?

Hi scoupy, welcome to IObit Forum!:grin:

Please try to uninstall Protected Folder in Safe Mode from :

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features.

or

Use IObit Uninstaller if you have it or IObit Toolbox or ASC4 installed.

You can reinstall Protected Folder and use Exclusion List in the Options not to protect those critical folders such as Program Files.

Cheers.

Archived