IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Portable Version for ASC4?

PCMedic

There was a portable version of Advanced System Care 3 and now that it's updated to 4 I can't seem to find such a thing anywhere for this version. Is there any possibility of this being made for Advanced System Care 4? It would be really nice to be able to plug a flash drive in and just launch the program without having to install it on every computer I work on.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings

< Links deleted > by wozofoz

I created launcher for it but it isn't perfect. I cant repair some things but in overall, program is working normally.

1. Have problem with DATA folder on first 2-3 runs (hell know wtf is with this :evil:) (edit: that happens only when I create installer with portable apps packer O_o)

2. When path is changed, launcher pop ups error (clear and change file: Advanced System Care 4 PortableSettings to read-only, to block popup [data/settings])

3.Removed: DLL resources for context menus, ASC Service, Freeware folder.

Cheers

Official release

@ Jany

I have removed your links until I can confirm that this portable version has been approved by IObit.

IObit has not released a portable version of Advanced SystemCare 4 (that I know of) and there is no mention of a portable version at PortableApps.com (.PAF)

It's called IObit toolbox. Making asc actually portable requires an app that hooks registry calls and detours file system interaction. Thinapp and NSIS do this. If people start doing hacky programs that do stuff with asc it's just going to create a lot of bug reports for iobit..

It'd be nice to see updates for either asc or toolbox soon, there are a lot of bug reports but no updates ^^

Hi Jany, welcome to IObit Forum! :-D

I appreciate what you have done but, unfortunately I have to agree with wozofoz and captainron.

Before we allow you to give links to the portable ASC4, please get in contact directly with IObit and ask for the approval, as there may be Copyright issues as I remember IObit refusing paf for their another software.

Thank you for your understanding and cheers.

I found other way, is much easier to make it portable. I used simple cmd commands:

@echo off
set USERPROFILE=%~dp0\Data
%~dp0\ASC\ASC.exe

ASC don't know what is APPDATA so I need to use USERPROFILE.

Works same, without using portableapps. Just have to save code as cmd or bat file and it is ready to use. (Didn't test on windows xp)

REMEMBER to remove DLL resources for context menus and ASC Service from ASC folder or it will leave mess.

Folder structure:

MAIN Folder

|-------ASC

|-------Data

|-------BAT/CMD/EXE file

Edit: Converted CMD file to EXE with added original icon.

Program used: http://download.cnet.com/Bat-To-Exe-Converter/3000-2069_4-10555897.html

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25167467/Launcher.rar

About me: Im autor of first polish localisation version for ASC3 :P

An LZMA compressed solution, like NSIS(portableappz method) and Thinapp do, that unpacks to a folder and virtualizes install data via a loader is the perfect method. If this is going to be done. Toolbox already does this, it's just not getting updated like it should, neither is asc. IOBit has the resources to make toolbox and asc serious contenders, don't let bugs live cause you got a high cnet index.

Archived