IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Premium?

Hi masterblaster,

I am sure that IObit is doing that with goodwill and perhaps didn't think of the consequences.

Do you have an idea how to compensate that? You can PM me if you wish.

I will try to do my best to explain the consequences to IObit, but I don't have an idea at the moment how to compansate.

Cheers.

I think it's great that the new version will be completely free.

People complaining that they want a refund are being pretty silly IMO. You paid for Version 1 or 2, but Version 3 will be free. Simple as that. It doesn't mean you didn't get what you paid for or it's somehow devalued.

It's like when an MMORPG switches from a monthly subscription and becomes free-to-play. It doesn't mean you didn't really pay for the game and all those months of subscriptions or that they weren't worth it... It just means that from now on, it's free.

This is just a case of people whining because they can, and not because it's appropriate or reasonable. I recommend IObit just ignore them and carry on making great software.

People complaining that they want a refund are being pretty silly IMO. You paid for Version 1 or 2, but Version 3 will be free. Simple as that. It doesn't mean you didn't get what you paid for or it's somehow devalued.

It's like when an MMORPG switches from a monthly subscription and becomes free-to-play. It doesn't mean you didn't really pay for the game and all those months of subscriptions or that they weren't worth it... It just means that from now on, it's free.

This is just a case of people whining because they can, and not because it's appropriate or reasonable. I recommend IObit just ignore them and carry on making great software.

I agree with this poster.I have bought several premiums versions for my son and I since Game Booster 1.I do not feel ripped off in any way that the 3rd version will be free.I bought version 1 and 2.Iobit does not owe me version 3 in any way.If they offer it free then I'm the winner and so is everyone else so please realize what I just said stop complaining.We are lucky to have great software available to us from Iobit free or not!

This is a typical response from someone that didn't pay 1 cent for Gamebooster.

How selfish and one sided this is of you.

Can you please confirm if you have purchased any IOBIT products? I have.

And for the post above this, I was told when purchasing this, I would receive all updates for free so your ver 1 and ver 2 doesn't apply.

Also if GB3 is free it will be ad-ware. Why should I get ad-ware when I paid for a premium license?

This is a typical response from someone that didn't pay 1 cent for Gamebooster.

How selfish and one sided this is of you.

Can you please confirm if you have purchased any IOBIT products? I have.

It's not selfish or one-sided at all. I have paid for software products which ended up becoming free and I didn't act like the world was ending. It's just a different business model.

When your local store lowers the price of certain groceries or puts on "buy one get one free" deals do you call the store and start ranting that you paid more or didn't get one free when you shopped there last week and demand they give you what you're owed?

Of course you wouldn't, so why are you doing the same thing here?

And for the post above this, I was told when purchasing this, I would receive all updates for free so your ver 1 and ver 2 doesn't apply.

And they've been true to their word. You will receive version 3 for free, and so will everyone else.

Also if GB3 is free it will be ad-ware. Why should I get ad-ware when I paid for a premium license?

You don't know that for certain. IObit's other free software titles ask you if you want to install some kind of toolbar or something (if memory serves me correctly), but "optional" means you can choose not to install it so I don't see the problem.

I strongly doubt they'd force adware, but even if they did it wouldn't bother me. This software is worth it.

All your comments are pointless and off the mark.

Do you even know what ad-ware is? I am not talking about a packaged search bar. I am talking about ad-ware. The program will have adds embedded in the software which normally are removed when someone pays for the software.

You don't change the business model mid-stream. So that doesn't apply here at all.

Your comment about me getting version 3 for free also doesn't apply as I didn't pay for ad-ware. You just don't understand. All you want is something for nothing. I paid IOBIT, you didn't.

All your arguments make no sense all. They are all in support for you getting something for nothing while others that paid for something get less than what they paid for.

You want a free game booster. Follow the below links.

http://www.gzero.com/gboost/home.html

http://www.mztweak.com/mzgameaccelerator.html

Don't push your get something for nothing agenda here when others paid for something that you want for free.

You don't change the business model mid-stream. So that doesn't apply here at all.

This thread proves that business models do change mid-stream, so it absolutely applies here.

Don't push your get something for nothing agenda here when others paid for something that you want for free.

Wrong.

Others paid for premium versions 1 and 2. Version 3 will be free.

Not one single person will pay for version 3 while others get it for free. Everyone gets it for free.

Your erroneous insistence that paying for an earlier version gives you some kind of right to make demands of IObit is asinine at best.

Again, you assume it will be ad supported. Do you have any proof to back up your assumption?

If it does turn out to be ad supported, as you've shown there are many alternatives... Why not use one of them instead of getting all hot under the collar?

Can you read my replies? When I bought GameBooster I was told that I would receive lifetime upgrades. That's means premium updates not ad-ware updates.

What part of that do you not understand? I have stated this over and over and you make the same irrelevant comments.

So that others reading these posts understand where we are coming from, what products have you purchased from Iobit? I have 2 registered programs.

Ad-ware and freeware is partially or fully funded by those using them paying for other "premium" programs.

Which ones have you purchased?

Please read here http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=10854

invalad

just to make this clear u bought game booster long ago correct?

u payed what 20$ (the price with no sale is 20$ as im typing this) did u not get your moneys worth already? or are u unsatisfyed that u payed 20$ (how ever long ago) and didnt get what you were thinking?

(going off topic now but it still apply's) think of the people who bought Team fortress 2 they payed 60$ when it first came out and now that game is free to play now i mean yea sure u have like those few 10 people uncomplaining but in the end everyone is happy that it happened

cant u be happy for iobit being so nice as to make GB3 free

(i know ur gona say well did u buy it) no i did not buy GB2 but if GB3 is needed to be bought ill throw 20$ their way but right now im w8ing to see if i need to do that but in the end is it really worth causing so much uproar over 20$?

just to make this clear u bought game booster long ago correct?

u payed what 20$ (the price with no sale is 20$ as im typing this) did u not get your moneys worth already? or are u unsatisfyed that u payed 20$ (how ever long ago) and didnt get what you were thinking?

(going off topic now but it still apply's) think of the people who bought Team fortress 2 they payed 60$ when it first came out and now that game is free to play now i mean yea sure u have like those few 10 people uncomplaining but in the end everyone is happy that it happened

cant u be happy for iobit being so nice as to make GB3 free

(i know ur gona say well did u buy it) no i did not buy GB2 but if GB3 is needed to be bought ill throw 20$ their way but right now im w8ing to see if i need to do that but in the end is it really worth causing so much uproar over 20$?

1)You don't get it either READ MY POST. I was told that I would receive unlimited upgrades of the premium version. I was not told it was a 1 tear subscription or the updates would be ad-ware. And as far as I know it was never $20.00. Get your facts straight and try to understand what you are reading.

2) Have you read the TF2 forums? Everyone is VERY mad about this game going free. The servers are full of nOObs (probably like you) that have ruined the game.

3) Please answer. How many IOBIT products have you purchased? Oh, and I see you have made your 3rd post here. Congratulations nOOb.

1)You don't get it either READ MY POST. I was told that I would receive unlimited upgrades of the premium version. I was not told it was a 1 tear subscription or the updates would be ad-ware. And as far as I know it was never $20.00. Get your facts straight and try to understand what you are reading.

2) Have you read the TF2 forums? Everyone is VERY mad about this game going free. The servers are full of nOObs (probably like you) that have ruined the game.

3) Please answer. How many IOBIT products have you purchased? Oh, and I see you have made your 3rd post here. Congratulations nOOb.

yes i didnt play TF2 when it was buy to play and dont insult me just cool your head no i didn't read the TF2 forums i don't go on many forums to begin with i made this forum account because i liked iobits products but here let me try to reason with you.

my accounts on alot of games have resently got red flaged and ether susspened or banned and i spend alittle money on those games i was pissed off about it for a few days but in the end im like eh w/e.

and yes i now see that gb was never 20$ or w/e but that's just all the more reason not to get mad its just 10+$

LOL. You are way too angry about something so trivial. Relax. One day something serious might happen in your life. Try to keep things in perspective.

I bought TF2 when it came out, and when I heard it was going F2P, my reaction was "Oh, that's cool. Now the game will be even more popular and the cash shop will help Valve make even more awesome games".

Sure, I could have clenched my fists in fuming anger at the disgraceful travesty of spending $20 measly bucks on a game that people can now play for free, but since it doesn't bother me in the slightest I guess I'll just keep on smiling.

I hope for your sake that IObit do decide to give you some kind of pacifier, because this is clearly an issue of grave seriousness in your life.

Good luck with your silly little crusade, bud. ;-)

EDIT: Show me your proof that GB3 will force adware on you.

EDIT: Show me your proof that GB3 will force adware on you.

Look at other IOBIT products. It doesn't take a genius to figure out Game Booster will include ads.

Free software from companies like IOBIT are either crippled share/trial ware or add supported freeware. IOBIT has already said that the software will not be function limited.

• 2 weeks later...
Look at other IOBIT products. It doesn't take a genius to figure out Game Booster will include ads.

Free software from companies like IOBIT are either crippled share/trial ware or add supported freeware. IOBIT has already said that the software will not be function limited.

i use malware fighter from iobit i see little to no ad-ware same with advance system care 4 free as well ... once again show proof, other companies do this yes do you have proof that iobit will do this?

still tho if its free be happy not only for yourself but for everyone else i mean you lost little money is it then end of the world for you?

you are making a big deal out of nothing.

i use malware fighter from iobit i see little to no ad-ware same with advance system care 4 free as well ... once again show proof, other companies do this yes do you have proof that iobit will do this?

still tho if its free be happy not only for yourself but for everyone else i mean you lost little money is it then end of the world for you?

you are making a big deal out of nothing.

How many IOBIT products have you purchased? Do you understand they cannot stay in business giving away free software to people that just use the freeware?

So, what have you purchased?

How many IOBIT products have you purchased? Do you understand they cannot stay in business giving away free software to people that just use the freeware?

So, what have you purchased?

before i made a account to this forum i would have bought the bundle that is going on atm but now that i think gb3 will be free i dont feel like wasting the money beside with the 10$ i could go eat for 2 days >,> and dude clam down be happy that its free you bought gb how long ago for like 10$? 15$? thats not alot of money if you bought a pizza for 10$ how ever long ago and you find out that pizza you can get now for like 3$ would you go to the pizza place and demand that 7$ back?

before i made a account to this forum i would have bought the bundle that is going on atm but now that i think gb3 will be free i dont feel like wasting the money beside with the 10$ i could go eat for 2 days >,> and dude clam down be happy that its free you bought gb how long ago for like 10$? 15$? thats not alot of money if you bought a pizza for 10$ how ever long ago and you find out that pizza you can get now for like 3$ would you go to the pizza place and demand that 7$ back?

What a surprise from a guy with your name.

That's my point. Your only point of view is what can I get for free. IOBIT would go broke with your support.

That's my point. Your only point of view is what can I get for free. IOBIT would go broke with your support.

IObit will go broke if you have your way and "get your money back" or any of those "other options" you so politely threatened them with. Don't dump on the guy simply because he's not shelling out the cash for GB. IObit is being generous to the "freebies" and I'm sure they've thought long and hard before making the decision.

I would however agree, that if the future version of GB is ad-supported...then current premium members should be given the option to get rid of the ads.

What a surprise from a guy with your name.

iobit will not go broke because the people who allready have it are paying for malware fighter and advance system clean and after all this calms down and i find out rather or not gb3 will be free or payed for i will do as such to get it because i like the products this companie is making

and also you have no right to make fun of my name because my cousin gave me this nickname after he disappeared >,> so such your mouth.

Archived