IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter is locking up my PC [SOLVED in post #14]

64 bit is our future. 32 bit's days are numbers. Once Microsoft release Windows 8, it only be available for 64bit PCs and the yet to be released 128 bit PCs. 32 Bit PCs will no longer be able to run a Windows Operating System after Windows 7. I think we need to be thinking about that now as PC users. And I think Software developers should be thinking about it too. Sure I can use a 32 bit program on my 64 bit PC's OS, but 32 bit programs (Such as IObit) are not taking hold of the full power of the 64 bit architecture. When Windows 8 hit 64 bit will be the new standard, like 32 bit has been forever. So do you want be left behind or be at the forefront. The choice is yours IObit, the choice is yours.

I Agree Completely!

I'm glad you mentioned this Important Fact. :idea:

• 2 weeks later...

Beware Of Malware Fighter

malware fighter - BEWARE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to run malware fighter scan on a dell xps 400 running XP media center editon 32 bit

WOW - IT DESTROYED XP FILES - then asked for installation of XP disk( which I didn't have available) - THEN WINDOWS WOULD NOT BOOT UP NORMALLY ! - only to log in screen - not past it.

I tried: safe mode to do system restore - would not boot to safe mode

running various boot up disks - zero result

cleaning registry manually with recovery mode on xp disk - 0

using original xp disk in recovery mode to fixmbr, fixboot, chkdsk, etc

all would not work to get it to boot up.

FINALLY - I JUST REPLACED THE HDD WITH A CLONED ONE I HAD !

THIS PROGRAM IS FAULTY !!! BEware !!

A SCANNER PROGRAM LIKE THIS SHOULD NOT REMOVE XP FILES - ASKING FOR INSTALLATION OR XP DISK TO REPLACE THEM !!

I have removed malware fighter from ALL COMPUTERS AND GOOD RIDDANCE !

MY ADVICE - CLONE YOUR HARD DISK AND HAVE A BACKUP AVAILABLE !!!

Archived