IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Toolbox:Security Holes Scanner False Positive on KB2518870 [SOLVED by ASC 4.0.1.200]

DrBB

I have installed all the recent Microsoft patches, including KB2518870: Security update for the .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2." However, the Security Holes Scanner continues to report that it needs installation. My Windows Update History and Secunia PSI confirm that it has been installed properly, so I assume this is a false positive. Please check.

Okay, I tried it and I'm seeing the Same Problem with KB2518870

but I'm also having a problem with KB2478663.

Both were listed on first run of Scanner, I installed them, did Power-down Reboot and ran Scanner again, and both came up as needing install again.

So there is deffinitely some kinda problem!

Microsoft must be doing something different now, preventing the Scanner from seeing them as installed?

This is weird guys. :roll:

Please have a look at the attachment.

Both of them and all the other updates of Windows have been succesfully installed and Secuity Holes of Toolbox in ASC 4.01 confirms that.

Cheers.

NOTE: Same with stand alone IObit Toolbox 1.2

I tried the one in stand-alone Toolbox V1.2 and did Not see the problem. :grin:

Re-ran the one in ASC and both are still listed, so something has happened to the ASC version???

Or maybe something should have Happened that Did Not???

Hi Toppack-- Lots of activity since my post. ;-)

I checked and I am running Sus10_SecurityHolesScanner.exe version 1.0.0.58 in ASC 4.0.1.200. And though it may be clear by now it was not the problem, I did reboot my computer after installing the Microsoft updates earlier this week; KB2518870 is the only one of the bunch that keeps showing up in the Security Holes scan. --DrBB

I've determined that versions 1.0.0.53 thru 1.0.0.58 works, without the problem, on all our systems, here.

So we are back where we started with your problem.

Since no one else is reporting that problem, with the version you have, there must be a problem with your copy of that utility.

Maybe a fresh download and install of ASC will help.

(If you are sure the Windows-update file actually did download properly)?

That's all I can think of.

The good news: just ran SHS and KB2518870 was undetected--problem solved! The only thing I see that could account for the change is that I have a file in the ASC directory--asc4-patch.exe--that was installed between the time I detected the false positive and my last post (I didn't run SHS immediately before I reported the version number in that post). If asc4-patch.exe updated SHS to a newer version, that's probably the source of the problem; however, if the patch didn't result in an update to SHS, we may never know what happened to fix the problem--but it is fixed, and that's the most important thing!

Thanks for your help.

Archived