IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Making your own Ip lists

Mr Bean

Hi every one

for your consideration.

A very simple way to make your own ip list.

If you use a IP blocker.what version or make should not matter.this apply to any Linux as well.

Now :

lets pretend you look at your fire wall logs a lot or often?,

And check who doing what to attempt entry or Icmp

hits,our for that matter trying to keep tabs on you. as in Auto linking (mind you most people do not bother)

But lets say You do .

you see a ip address , that has hit you say 5 to ten times in A row,then,in 1 or 2 minutes.repeated many times.

rather annoying.so we want to block this forever more

yes you can and should be able to do it with a fire wall."sure" ,problem is as the list grows the fire wall

starts to degrade the system,as it now must work harder.

Plus I rather want it to Do its Own thing.and use a Ip blocker To do its Thing.as thy are specially made

for this alone,Ip and port blocking.so using the routers, fire wall and a Ip blocker would be plenty.and for Most people who also run windows fire wall

default is on? for the normal user plenty

now lets pretend this is all you use.

your routers fire wall(99.99% DO this any how as its defaulted to Do so.(and never Change it)

your windows fire wall,unless you turned it of.and I wonder Why? as It is,and runs as default.(on)

(your) IP blocker ,If you use one.Or may be interested Installing one.

With out any added Lists (Optional)

My Pick of them all for windows is Beethink, But Not free unfortunately.I use both Spy detector and Ip blocker(peer Block)as well

and the Iobit Defender.

when Downloading large files

as in Movies,if using a torrent application.if not just run beethink.with my own list.now very large.

but you do not have to,any will do Whatever you like to use,

For Linux I use iplist blocker.but thats my pick and I found it to be excellent.

ok so how to make a list you can add to and load from.

first use your text editor and make a empty file.(a page,txt)

look at your fire wall logs ,or the scrolling log,and pick a ip that's whacking you .or you think is.(be careful what you Pick)

if not sure leave it.but usually its one that has 7 or so lines one after the other.and repeats the hits.often

time and time again.

the first line you add like so,as shown here the the ip number you want to block

the name you give it,then this (:) after it, the Ip adress and then (-) and repeat the same Ip after it

# My list of bad ips

Name:255.0.0.10-255.0.0.10

spy:75.9.9.9-75.9.9.9

unknown:2.9.9.9-2.9.9.9

and so on.please Note,

If you want to Block a range? you would add the first ip then add the 2 ip like This (?:000.000.000.000-21.255.255.255)

this would block from 0.to 21 rage every ip in that range.---------------------------(?:024.000.000.000-24.255.255.255)

and 24 range.

when done save it

find the file.and rename it ,like this,Mylist.dat.gz

You can edit it any time add to or remove .simply rename it "MYLIST.dat" open it with the text editor

when done rename it back to MYLIST.Dat.gz

ok .you could also copy a downloaded ip list file ,put it in your directory.rename it .to "Mylist2.dat"or whatever you named it.

open it with your text editor and have a Looky see.

get the idea how its done.

after you are done save it back to " MYLIST.dat.gz "

place this file on your drive directory named IP list (you make this so you know where to find it)add it to your ip blocker.

ok open the ip program and add the list "MYLIST" that it should recognize.

or better still??

Perhaps??

if you are interested in this Sort of thing

you may want to look at this application (totally Free) and add merge your,or imported files as in IP lists.

and merge them into 1 file.

plus update the ones that are available.if desired.and add to or subtract from.

I posted the Attachment (hope this is alright???) IF not please remove it.

many thanks for reading the post

Mr Bean

Archived