IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestions for Game Booster 3 & Razer Game Booster

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a suggestion: individual game profiles that can be associated with different games. For example, some older games (like Diablo) require that I shutdown the explorer process for it to work correctly on Windows 7. Other games do not and I would rather not shutdown the explorer process every time I play a game. Also, for some games I use Hamachi but for others I do not. Basically, I want the ability to shut down specific services and processes for specific games.

If this feature is already available, I haven't seen it.

Switching to High Priority

My another suggestion is to allow user to right click on Game Icon and change priority to High, make sure it's not real time priority..

You can set the game and game boost as high priority in the task manager. Just right click on the desktop and select Task Manager. In the Applications Window you'll see the programs that are currently running. Since you probably don't have administrator rights under task manager, right click on the program icon, select properties and on the compatibility tab choose "Run this program as administrator". And then okay or apply and then okay. Then right click on the program again and choose "Go to process" in the processes right click on the .exe file of your game and game booster and choose the priority as high. If it doesn't let you then make sure that "Show processes from all users" is selected and right click on the .exe again and choose to go to the service. If it doesn't automatically show you the service (usually cuz it's using more than one) then find your game heading and the game booster heading and right click on those and set the priority. Depending on the type of anti-virus software you have and what update you've gotten or what programs you have installed determines what route you have to use to set the priority. Usually after you set the "run as administrator" you should be able to set priority on the applications window. The Process window and the services windows are work arounds.

If after you set it to run as admin or if it didn't let you choose to run as admin, then shut down both the game and the game boost. Wait a couple minutes or run a cleaner to get the settings out of memory and then find the .exe for both the game and the game boost under programs on C: drive, and right click on them and under security, make sure you have the ability to make changes to the .exe file. Under trusted users you will be User("your name or your computer name") there will also be a system, an administrator and an authenticated users listed. If not don't worry about it. The program determines who goes there. Click on you the User, and make sure you have full control in the window below, if you don't then choose edit and then select your user name again, and click in the full control box. Leave the others alone. Select apply and okay, and then okay again. Then right click it again and go to compatibility and choose run as admin. After you've done all that, then run both programs and go back to the task manager and then you should be able to set the priority.

One more thing, if you have a multi-core processor, then right click on affinity and make sure that all cores are selected for that program if you want. If they aren't then Windows has determined that the processor may be damaged if all cores are used for this program. or you could just have your computer set on power saving mode.

Thank you

You can set the game and game boost as high priority in the task manager. Just right click on the desktop and select Task Manager. In the Applications Window you'll see the programs that are currently running. Since you probably don't have administrator rights under task manager, right click on the program icon, select properties and on the compatibility tab choose "Run this program as administrator". And then okay or apply and then okay. Then right click on the program again and choose "Go to process" in the processes right click on the .exe file of your game and game booster and choose the priority as high. If it doesn't let you then make sure that "Show processes from all users" is selected and right click on the .exe again and choose to go to the service. If it doesn't automatically show you the service (usually cuz it's using more than one) then find your game heading and the game booster heading and right click on those and set the priority. Depending on the type of anti-virus software you have and what update you've gotten or what programs you have installed determines what route you have to use to set the priority. Usually after you set the "run as administrator" you should be able to set priority on the applications window. The Process window and the services windows are work arounds.

If after you set it to run as admin or if it didn't let you choose to run as admin, then shut down both the game and the game boost. Wait a couple minutes or run a cleaner to get the settings out of memory and then find the .exe for both the game and the game boost under programs on C: drive, and right click on them and under security, make sure you have the ability to make changes to the .exe file. Under trusted users you will be User("your name or your computer name") there will also be a system, an administrator and an authenticated users listed. If not don't worry about it. The program determines who goes there. Click on you the User, and make sure you have full control in the window below, if you don't then choose edit and then select your user name again, and click in the full control box. Leave the others alone. Select apply and okay, and then okay again. Then right click it again and go to compatibility and choose run as admin. After you've done all that, then run both programs and go back to the task manager and then you should be able to set the priority.

One more thing, if you have a multi-core processor, then right click on affinity and make sure that all cores are selected for that program if you want. If they aren't then Windows has determined that the processor may be damaged if all cores are used for this program. or you could just have your computer set on power saving mode.

Thank you for such a detailed explanation.... My point is to make it easier to select higher priority for games. I use to change priority through Task Manager. Thanks for so many alternate ways.... I wish GB programmers write a program to take care of all the UAC and Admin rights and make it really simple for user to change priority... thank you again...

1. Selection of CPU cores/threads affinity for selected games

2. Selection of CPU priority for selected games

3. New one: FXAA injection for selected games (not to be confused with MLAA)

4. Network optimization/priority for selected games

5. Give back the GB2 UI, If I was concerned about the app's footprint I would do it all with batch files anyway. :p

Support for Intel and League of Legends

Hey there!

First of all I love GB!!!

With GB2 (previous) my League of Legends fps of 20fps goes to 30fps.

With GB3, my 20fps goes to at least 35-40fps!!!

I really saw improvement. Because of this, I'm gonna support this fully.

Also I live in PH, and the good rigs here are high priced. So most of us folks ends up with average to crappy rigs. I got a Macbook 2007 version which has an Intel GPU. I'm not happy with this rig but when I found out of GB, I learned to endure.

On to my suggestions...

1) Please make a support for Intel.

- don't have a i-series cpu so please I nid help for the CPU Speed for GB to "Upgrade"

- OpenGL Sucks and is not much useful that's why I refer to GB instead

- lastly, Intel doesn't have that great or useful GPU Properties unlike Nvidia (Performance-Quality Bar, and other settings) or ATI Radeon

2) Since some games are recognized by GB, can you help in "upgrading" League of Legends?

- LoL is now not only for NA and EU, it went to Asia and it was a bomb as there are also many players

- LoL has many options if you play around with the CFG file (but it causes game crashes) or with the Registry (which I don't dare try to do so)

- lastly, I'm a bit of a gamer for LoL, I'm not that good nor not that noobish (don't worry play other games to, but not almost all since Macbook 2007 can't handle the awesome games of today and like I said, with our fail economy, its better to endure)

Basically, all I want is to endure with this rig.

I'd rather make an external GPU but with our crappy economy and high prices, I'd rather stick to this instead which I don't regret doing so.

For those who think this post is of no use, then by all means skip it, but please respect me so I can respect you.

Also, please don't be racist.

I have only average knowledge on computers and laptops. I also think that I am asking too much of you guys since Intel is sh_t out of luck when it comes to GPUs.

Thanks for comments, explanations, and supports, as long as you don't do it by bombarding me or saying it in an unwanted manner.

^_^

EDIT: I know not most of all the suggestions will be given considerations but please try to check this.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,i just registered and installed gamebox 3.0..

i want to apply this suggestion..

about the gamebox.. if possible add some feature like the gamebox in 2.0 thats under the toolbar because it would be easier to doubleclick the game application

while in 3.0 you need to maximize(Show window) the gamebox then click the gameapplication.

i hope this would applied in the coming patches :roll:

Hey, I've downloaded GB3 after deleting my old GB2 premium. (not that I care that much about premium status, but oh well)

Basically there are certain things that "annoy" me in comparison with the previous version.

- Every time I use the "boost" function to close unwanted processes, every time I close a certain game, it automatically reverts everything back to "normal". I wish I could choose that myself manually instead of having the following sequence: normal -> boost -> normal -> boost -> normal. It's starting to annoy me since I have a lot of programs opening and closing.

- I wish to disable the "gaming" background for good, I have 0% need for it and it's only causing me FPS lag, yet there is no option for this and I have to do it manually every time.

Other than that I really like the new functions made to GB.

Steam with games using ubisoft launcher

There is problem with any game that is using ubisoft launcher within steam software.

Booster is applied when ubisoft launcher is launched but when you start the game via ubisoft launcher game booster goes back to normal mode.

... just reminding there is no other way to launch any ubisoft game without ubisoft launcher! So please review this issue, THX:roll:

Hi Ragath,

1)Please try to change the setting of GB3 to avoid the it automatically reverting to "normal mode" when you close a certain game.

Please go to the setting of GB and uncheck the two items: "Monitor games lauched by Game Booster" and "Monitor steam games" ,then click "Apply" and "OK".

2)About the issue of "gaming background", please untick the item "Lauch Game on Game Desktop" in the Configure.

I am really enjoying GB 3 and its monitoring of the game that it launches and more importantly to me, monitoring my steam games. I was wondering if there was a way to add the non-steam games to the list of monitored games from Steam. It's just that the games show up fine in the game box and I can certainly launch them from there but anybody who adds games to Steam does so for one reason only. To enable the Steam GUI for the non-steam game in question. So by launching the game thru the Game Box you just ignore all that and lose the Steam GUI if you had the game added to Steam as a non-steam game. I never use the gamebox for that reason alone. Anyway, nice job.

Another cool thing would be a gadget for Vista/7 users of that big ol' start boost button in GB 3. It would be nice to have that sitting on the desktop somewhere and just have the ability to wack it when you need it, instead of opening GB or fumbling though a taskbar menu to start your boost.

Suggestions:

1. Stop or provide an option for Game Booster from switching to normal mode after you exit a game.

2. When I go back to normal mode I like it to keep the programs I disabled to stay disabled, it's quite annoying to switch back and have my screen bombarded with programs that I just shut down most of the time. Please provide an option for all or even better certain programs to be started back up after switching back to normal mode on Game Booster.

3. Maybe provide a nicer look for the main page, I think Game Booster 2 had a nicer and more awesome looking main window.

Just some thoughts.

Thanks

Hi Laptop65,

1)Please change the setting of GB3 to avoid it automatically reverting to "normal mode" when you close a certain game.

Please go to the setting of GB and uncheck the two items: "Moitor games lauched by Game Booster" and "Monitor steam games" ,then click "Apply" and "OK".

2)Your suggestions are very valuable, we will consider them seriously and keep up improving our products.:-P

Thanks a alot!!:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

what i'd like to see

the startup > shutdown left alone in the power settings. i want my computer to shut down, not go into sleep/hibernate mode, it still uses PSU fan in that mode on my machine. remove how it changes this please. ie; not to edit personal settings for power management.

thanks,

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
We have run with gamebooster but maybe you can add command to Target: in shortcut properties? smt like wow.exe /gamebooster or smt? So when we push shortcut it automatic runs all the stuff

I also think this is a great idea. I like how you have a contextual menu to right click on shortcuts and say "run with gamebooster" but a command line argument would be better. I use Nexus Winstep Dock and I am able to add arguments to each shortcut. This would allow me to just launch certain non-steam games and have gamebooster do its thing, while still allowing me to have the game as a "non-steam" game and use the steam interface. Currently the "monitor steam games" only applies to games purchased via Steam. Any games I "add" to Steam as non-steam games do not activate gamebooster.