IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Secured Files appear on windows explorer search

OMG

Hello.

I've installed Protected Folder 1.0 and it works well. However, when searching files through windows explorer it shows the "hidden/secured" files with path and all the normal details. Though you cannot open them because they are password protected, isn't there any way for these files not to be seen in windows searches (and the deactivation of the "show hidden files..." in explorer settings isn't an option).

If there isn't perhaps in the future version of the Protected Folder it could be available on the settings menu.

Greetings

Hi OMG, welcome to IObit Forum! :grin:

I have attached a jpg image showing that a protected file in a protected folder which is not found by Windows Search for Files or Folders... in Windows 7 Professional when protected by Potected Folder v1.0 software.

Please note that all protection is ON in Protected Folder as seen from Status: Hide | Deny Read | Deny Write . It can be adjusted in Options=>Lock Options of Protected Folder software.

Also please note that "Show hidden files" in Folder Options of Windows was active.

Please attach an image, showing your situatuation, similar to mine.

Cheers.

Hello.

On the picture I'm using a test file ("example.txt") which is located inside a "New Folder" who is also inside a "Test" folder. All these files/folders are located in the User's Download folder which I believe is not in the exclude list. All lock options are ON and windows option "don't show hidden files" is activated.

I've tried in two different ways: lock only the "Test" folder, which I assumed that would lock all the files/subfolder inside of it AND the other way was what it's showned in the pic: lock every single file and folder individually.

The result is the same and the file still shows up inspite the fact that one cannot open it.

Let me know what i'm doing wrong please.

Thanx.

Thanks for the attachment OMG, Interesting!!!

Can you try the same after removing C:\Users\ and C:\Users\_\ from the Exclude List ?

Be careful not to lock those above folders afterwards though.

You can choose Recomended there afterwards if you wish to turn back to your original if you have not changed the original content of the list.

Cheers.

Hello.

Followed your suggestion but still no solution insight. Tried also with other files in other folder inside "my documents" folder and even "my music" folder and still the same outcome. I guess there's no way to hide any file(s) in the users folder/sufolders even after removing it from the exclusion list...

Thanx for all your help... Now I'm clueless.:shock:

OMG, you may have noticed that the example I have given was exactly at the same place and even in my case exclusion list was the same.

I think it is something to do with your PC permissions as my case was very similar to yours and it woks on my Win 7.

Since you have a registered copy, I would go http://www.iobit.com/onlin<WBR>​esupport.html to contact support team for quick email help.

Cheers.

Archived