IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem: Junk Files Clean in ASC v4

cherry18

I think it was safe to assume that I was recently infected with a trojan virus. But was either quarantined or deleted by my anti-virus.

The first thing that i noticed is that every time I do a Deep Care, everything works well until it goes to scan for the "Junk File Clean" of ASC v4. A pop up window would say that ASC v4 stopped working and would try to and fix the problem until it finally ask you to close the program. I tried several times to run ASC and still the same thing occurs. I tried unchecking "Junk Files Clean" it worked smoothly. I tried to check only "Junk Files Clean" and A pop up window would say that ASC stopped working again and close the program.

Another thing is that the ASC v4 Icon went missing both in desktop and start menu. i tried to look for the icon via right click on the icon and the icon was there to be selected but it is not displayed whenever i apply it. I unistalled and re-installed my ASC v4 but still no icon. I then rebuilt my iconcache.db so it's okay now.

However, my dilemma with the "Junk File Clean" is still the same - it won't work. :sad:

ASC v4 still stops working when scan starts with this one. I don't why. :cry:

Aside from Advanced System Care, I have an outside dilemma regarding my windows gadget. i use the CPU Meter Gadget to keep track of my CPU and RAM usage. It is working but it is lagging. Like the arrow is jumping like from 13% in CPU usage, it would suddenly be at 70% with no smooth acceleration. I also uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled but to no avail. :sad: :cry:

Can please, anybody, help me?

P.S

Attached is a picture of my desktop. Aside from ASC v4, I downloaded and installed a CPU Gadget on the net and found that it is working smoothly. I opened the original windows CPU meter as well to see their difference in movements. Please see their percentages. Both are different since the other one is lagging.

Did you try disabling all the 'settings' check-boxes in 'Junk files clean',

and then re-enabling them, one at a time, to determine which one was causing the hang-up?

My guess is that there is a corrupted file somewhere and maybe doing that will help locate it?

(Don't forget to disable the 'Additional' check-boxes at bottom of Settings page)

Toppack, tried all of your suggestions to NO avail. The code is scrunged up... is anyone working on the issue:?: Uninstalled, cleaned registry, deleted existing iobit directory, reinstalled - same result:idea:

Did you try disabling all the 'settings' check-boxes in 'Junk files clean',

and then re-enabling them, one at a time, to determine which one was causing the hang-up?

My guess is that there is a corrupted file somewhere and maybe doing that will help locate it?

(Don't forget to disable the 'Additional' check-boxes at bottom of Settings page)

Specifically, 1. errors when starting the program and 2. clean privacy when logging onto computer will not remain checked. I select either 'Apply' or 'OK' and upon returning to the window the option is unchecked.

Kojak,

I was replying to a post from forum member cherry18.

Are you the same person,

or are you saying that you have a similar problem?

Archived