IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

protected folder

colsemm

just need a bit more info before I commit to maybe purchasing it

like can it protect a complete Drive? - as its called protected 'folder'??

if the computer is lost can anyone get into the drive to look at the info? - in other words...how secure is secure?

if the whole drive is protected can you still add files to it in the normal way or do you have to go through the program?

ie my download program has a file location on my C drive, if i moved the location to a protected D drive would this still allow files to be added without requiring a password to be entered every time?

I hope this isn't toooooooooo complicated

Thanks

Hi colsemm,

If you use the Protected Folder software, you will find the answers yourself.

Please DO NOT protect C:(system) drive (and all the other default excluded items).

You will have an exclusion list for the possible mistakes, so you can add there the ones that you never want to protect.

There are 3 options in Protected Folder software when you protect a file/folder, HIDE, WRITE PROTECT, and READ PROTECT. So you can choose what you want to do with the protected File/Folder .

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Archived