IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Icon Not Visible

Just noticed that my ASC icon was showing up as the Windows logo. Tried just un-installing ASC and re-installing. Didn't work. I then removed all of Iobit's programs such as Game Booster, Smart De-frag, etc. that I had originally installed when I first installed ASC. Removed all files and programs. I then re-downloaded ASC and installed it with all the other programs I originally had.

The icon is still not showing up but the Game Booster one is as well as all the others. Anyone know why this is happening?

I'm using Windows 7.:|

Okay I think I understand now,

The ASC Icons are being replaced by the Windows default-Icon, that is usually called the 'White Icon'.

If the white Icon is on Desktop or in folder, you can restore icons by right-clicking the Icon, then click 'properties' >>'change Icon' button>> then Double click the selected icon, in selection-option window>> then 'Apply'.

(usually there will be only one icon to select)

I've found that most times you will need to do that sequence Twice for it to work, which is 'Strange but True'.

Restoring the Icon on desktop should also restore the one in Start-menu.

That will not work for Icons on Task-bar.

(I do not know why that happenes but restoring them one time seems to make them permanent)

Archived