IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Quick Hello and a small request

TonyTea

Hi everybody, I have only joined the forum today although I have been using AdvancedWindowsCare3 for a couple of years and have recently upgraded to the present Pro version 4.

Point 1 - when I replaced the security Iobit 360 with Iobit's new malware fighter, I found I could no longer access known, safe sights etc and found no options to customize - needless to say - I have uninstalled this and replaced it with another popular program.

Point 2 - Until reading some posts today, I was under the wrong impression about the entries marked 'High Risk', I thought they were a priority to DELETE! Luckily I haven't had a problem so far and I know I can roll back if needed.

Point 3 and REQUEST - The Performance Monitor has started to show Grade 'C' even though AWC is reporting everything is clean and healthy. When I do a 'quick clean' the monitor shows Green and immediately after getting the Tray- Message 'Hint -ACW is still running' the monitor icon turns orangey- Grade C. My stand-by antivirus reports all OK and the machine is running fine. Has anyone else had this problem & maybe found the cure?

Thanks in advance - TonyTea

Hi TonyTea, welcome to IObit Forum!

Your gear is more than enough for XP, so please check the running processes and their CPU and memory usages.

I believe you are not using ASC4, so you don't have Smart RAM to check if smart clean changes the state of Performance Monitor.

Though, you can check the total usage of RAM and CPU from Performance Monitor directly.

Cheers.

Hello & quick request response to enoskype

Thanks for responding quickly enoskype! I am in fact using AWC4 Pro and it's been really good until recently. I notice in the manual it says that when the performance monitor registers poor status, it will also give recommendations for what action to take, but I can't find any such information.

Running all the checks ACW4 reports everything is fine (no problems - even the security hole checker reports 'no problems').

The monitor is showing 'C' orange/yellow all the time. And when I use quick-fix to clear 'privacy' the icon shows green and immediately turns back to orange after the tray message 'AWC is still running'.

You mentioned the smart defrag2 - I allow it to run in the background, should I disable it? Or - do you think a full uninstall & reinstall might help?

regards

I notice in the manual it says that when the performance monitor registers poor status, it will also give recommendations for what action to take, but I can't find any such information.

When you click on the small Performance Monitor (A) green icon on the Desktop (in your case © orange icon), either a white or a black semi transparent small window will open temporarily. If it is the black one, click on (OK) to open the white one where it advices what to do to increase the performance, you can turn back to black one by clicking (i). If you want that small window ( black or white) to stay open, click on the pin figure on the black one.

You mentioned the smart defrag2 - I allow it to run in the background, should I disable it? Or - do you think a full uninstall & reinstall might help?

regards

I have mentioned Smart RAM, not Smart Defrag2.

Smart RAM is one of the utilities in Toolbox which can be run independently when Windows starts, to optimize your RAM automatically.

If you have not configured your Smart Defrag for automatic defragging, there is no use to have it running. Infact, it should defrag automatically if you configure scheduled defrag even it is not running and not in system tray.

I don't think, in your case, uninstall- reinstall of IObit softwares will do any change.

Cheers.

'C' is Normal indication, when Normal system processes and services are running.

Hi Toppack, in my Win 7 Pro running on an XP designed 1.67 GHz single core laptop with only 2 GB of RAM and even when running Virtual XP Pro (768MB of 2GB RAM allocated) together with it, the Performance Monitor is indicating an (A) most of the time.

I would insist that too much CPU and RAM usage and not cleaning junk files for a while together with ignoring deletion of privacy and defragmentation will cause Performance Monitor to indicate B, C, or even D (in an avarage hardware configured PC) .

The advice of usage of Boost by Performance Monitor is an indication of need for reducing the running processes and services.

Cheers.

Hi enoskype

Right you are - as usual :-)

Mine has seldom strayed from the A either (Your computer is in perfect condition it tells me)

Nice to get a pat on the back! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Toppack, in my Win 7 Pro running on an XP designed laptop with only 2 GB of RAM and even when running Virtual XP Pro (768MB of 2GB RAM allocated) together with it, the Performance Monitor is indicating an (A) most of the time.

I would insist that too much CPU and RAM usage and not cleaning junk files for a while together with ignoring deleting privacy will cause Performance Monitor to indicate B, C, or even D (in an avarage hardware configured PC .

The advice of usage of Boost by Performance Monitor is an indication of need for reducing the running processes and services.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

This may not be the correct thread to post my problem to. I am new to this forum. My performance monitor desktop icon disappears from time to time, and the only way I can get it back is to restore my computer to the previous day, which causes other problems. Can you tell me another way to get the icon back? Thanks for any help.

Hi Buzz

Go into the program folder and find Pmonitor.exe if you click it - it will start. To make it easier next time send it to the desktop as a shortcut.

Cheers

solbjerg

This may not be the correct thread to post my problem to. I am new to this forum. My performance monitor desktop icon disappears from time to time, and the only way I can get it back is to restore my computer to the previous day, which causes other problems. Can you tell me another way to get the icon back? Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...

can I OP? coz i can't post a new thread. Sorry for not following the forum rule. By the way I have a problem with my installation of ASC 5 and other iobit product. because after reboot the products just uninstall it self. But the folder is still there but not running. no .exe files :sad: Please help me coz this program helps me a lot.

Hi zcech

Please read this http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=39223#post39223

I wonder if it isn't because the program hasn't been unblocked before install that you are experiencing this behaviour.

So please try a clean uninstall followed by a clean install to try to solve this issue.

Cheers

solbjerg

can I OP? coz i can't post a new thread. Sorry for not following the forum rule. By the way I have a problem with my installation of ASC 5 and other iobit product. because after reboot the products just uninstall it self. But the folder is still there but not running. no .exe files :sad: Please help me coz this program helps me a lot.

Archived