IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SD 2.1 Tray Notification Setting Keeps Changing

DBone

W7 x64 Home Premium SP1. SD 2.1's tray notification keeps resetting itself to "Only notify" no matter how many times I set it to "Always show" or "Never Show". I have uninstalled, manually deleted all remaining files/folders and used Auslogics Registry Cleaner to remove any registry keys left over. Then I used CCleaner's tray notification cleaner to clean all of the obsolete icons. Then I re-installed SD 2.1, and I have the same problem.............It's not the end of the world, but it is a bug.

Hi DBone

What are your settings please? Do you use any automatic functions.

Have you tried to close down the program after resetting your settings and remembered to close down the SD icon too in the tray.

I suspect that the icon sitting in the tray relates to the former settings, please try that, and that the new one that comes up after a restart of the program will relate to the new settings.

Cheers

solbjerg

W7 x64 Home Premium SP1. SD 2.1's tray notification keeps resetting itself to "Only notify" no matter how many times I set it to "Always show" or "Never Show". I have uninstalled, manually deleted all remaining files/folders and used Auslogics Registry Cleaner to remove any registry keys left over. Then I used CCleaner's tray notification cleaner to clean all of the obsolete icons. Then I re-installed SD 2.1, and I have the same problem.............It's not the end of the world, but it is a bug.

I have unchecked all items in the settings list. No auto defrag, yes to boot time defrag at every boot. Right now since I have unchecked the load to system tray after closed setting, the only time I have a tray icon is when I manually start the program.

It will always reset itself after a reboot. If I change it it always show, it will stay at that setting as long as I don't reboot, but as soon as I do reboot, it changes back to show notifications only.

Hi DBone

In that case I would try setting the boot time defrag at once each week or do it manually once a month or two or three.

I sounds like it comes from the boot time defrag the way you explain it.

In my opinion it isn't necessary to boot defrag very often.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I will try to duplicate you findings some time soon :-)

I have unchecked all items in the settings list. No auto defrag, yes to boot time defrag at every boot. Right now since I have unchecked the load to system tray after closed setting, the only time I have a tray icon is when I manually start the program.

It will always reset itself after a reboot. If I change it it always show, it will stay at that setting as long as I don't reboot, but as soon as I do reboot, it changes back to show notifications only.

Hi DBone

To be certain that we have the same settings I show you two screenshots, one of the General Settings and one of the User Interface

The other settings are either not activated or they are empty by me.

Except the boot defrag option where I have the bottom once every week option ticked.

The one I want to duplicate is your original settings

Apparently the boot defrag resets the settings to what they originally were

So I don't expect it to change anything by me.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8002&stc=1&d=1311968721

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8003&stc=1&d=1311968735

Cheers

solbjerg

To confirm my settings. I unchecked every single box in the general settings tab, as well as the automatic settings tab. I have scheduled defrag set to off. I have boot time set to every boot, and 5 files. Exclude list is empty and user interface is set to default transparency, no color blind and english.

On the main GUI I have auto defrag set to no and boot time defrag set to yes.

W7 x64 Home Premium SP1

Hi DBone

I tried to duplicate your experience.

First I chose the settings you reported. Then Restarted the computer.

It ran the boot time defrag and I had no icon in the tray. Then I opened the program and the icon appeared in the tray.

I then chose my normal settings, where the icon should be shown in the tray and restarted. Then it ran the boot time defrag again and when finished the icon was in the tray and has stayed there.

So I could not make my machine duplicate your reported finding.

The only thing I can suggest is a totally clean uninstall follow by a clean install.

With a chkdsk thrown in between uninstall and install.

Cheers

solbjerg

To confirm my settings. I unchecked every single box in the general settings tab, as well as the automatic settings tab. I have scheduled defrag set to off. I have boot time set to every boot, and 5 files. Exclude list is empty and user interface is set to default transparency, no color blind and english.

On the main GUI I have auto defrag set to no and boot time defrag set to yes.

W7 x64 Home Premium SP1

Archived