IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Performance Monitor Conflict

Updated to Advanced System Care V4 (free) on Monday a.m. and afterwards started experiencing, black screens of death, crashes to desktop and or various error messages when running certain programs (mainly games and graphics/art applications). Turns out the culprit was Performance Monitor, which, via the installed desktop icon, was always running by default. Initially, I right clicked and exited the program, to test my theory that it was the problem, and when I confirmed that it was (no apps problems with it turned off) I unchecked "Run Performance Monitor automatically at start up".

I was wondering what might be causing these conflicts and if anyone else had encountered anything similar?

Thanks, stillgolfing

Hi stillgolfing,

Did you try running Performance Monitor when your Norton Internet Security 2010 disabled?

It could also be the compatibility with AMD Dual core 4200+, since Performance Monitor gets the info from the hardware sensors and that can be taken as a threat to the hardware.

Cheers.

Hi Toppack, I agree with you. If there were no schools, it could be so easy and nice to run the Ministry of Education without conflicts.:-P

Cheers.;-)

I should have continued my comments by saying that since 'Task-manager' that comes with W-7, already does all the Performance-monitoring that I need,

I don't need any more PM processes running in background. :wink:

• 1 month later...

I suspect the problem I was having with Performance Monitor was related to updating to the latest Norton Security Suite just prior to installing ASC4. Apparently Norton now is monitoring performance in the background. I just discovered this last week, when I started using my regular Art Program's (Twisted Brush) filters for photo manipulation, after a summer of golfing and picture taking. With several layers and a number of filters applied Norton would advise me via a pop up window that Twisted Brush was approaching max CPU usage. Previously, if I got too carried away, with layers and filters this program would just hang or crash, now I get forwarned, which is great. I can merge layers or undo a filter and avoid memory problems.

I suspect that this invisible monitor conflicts with ASC4's Performance Monitor. I haven't reviewed Norton's additional features yet, but I will keep you updated when I find out more about this particular one.

Cheers, stillgolfing

Archived