IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit in startup,can not remove

freestyle,

Can you give me a screenshot of the "System Configuration Utility", "Startup tab", showing the whole IObit SmartDefrag line?

If not, please write it down.

i.e. Columns:

Startup Item, Command, Location of it.

Cheers.

Startup Item Command SmartDefrag "C:\Program Files\IObit....

SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I think this is what you wanted.

Startup Item = IObit SmartDefrag Command= "C\Program Files\IObit.... Location=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

freestyle,

After opening MsConfig window (make sure that everything is readable), follow the steps below:

You should have a keyboard button for screen printing (a key button with "prt sc" or similar). If you are using a Laptop, you should press "Fn" (usually blue) together with the "prt sc" button.

Then, open "Paint" program under "Accesories" and click "Edit" and then "Paste" the window which was on the screen. Save the window as a".jpeg" file, then post it in the forum (make sure that everything is readable).

Cheers.

PS: Slide the Command Column line to read the whole line.

Please check in Registry Editor:

1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run

2) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run

3) HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run

If IObit SmartDefrag exists on the right pane, delete it.

PS: You still did not write the whole line of IObit SmartDefrag Command line after "C\Program Files\IObit.... .

freestyle,

On the "System Configuraton Utility" window, put the arrow of the mouse on the small vertical line to the right of where "Command " is written, the arrow will change to a vertical line and horizontal double pointed arrow.

Left click on that point and drag the vertical line to the right when you are still keeping the click button clicked to enlarge the "Command" column to see the whole line. Since the window is not resizable, you can continue draging to the outside of the window to make the column larger. You will see the full address of the command by scrolling the horizontal scroll at the bottom.

It should read as: "C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit SmartDefrag\IObit SmartDefrag.exe"/Startup

Right?

Is it greyed out without a check in the checkbox?

Thank you.

Now,

After installing IObit SmartDefrag, go to Options, make sure that the checkbox of "Load automatically at widows startup. (Recommended)" is checked.

Uncheck it and then re check it and Apply.

Make sure that you have IObit SmartDefrag is in your "System Configuraton Utility".

Check that it exists also in Registry Editor under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE as described in above post.

Now, go to IObit SmartDefrag and uncheck the checkbox of "Load automatically at widows startup. (Recommended)". then Apply and OK.

Close SmartDefrag.(Make sure that it is not in System tray)

Go to "System Configuraton Utility"and check if ISD is still there.

If it is there, than you may have a program that preventing your registry changes.

If it is not there, then you can uninstall it as before.

I hope this will solve your concern.

Have a nice day.

Cheers.

Tried every thing you suggested and nothing worked, thought I'd post back to let you know how i solved the problem on my own. I ran hijackthis and removed the entry for IObit, problem solved.:idea:

That just popped in my head and thought i would give it a shot, it worked for me and maybe solve other users similar problems. Thanks for your time anyway.

Archived