IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

USB impaired : help pls.

Roguerilla

Hi, I just ran ASC V4.0.1 quick scan and deep scan & repair; I also turned on the boost feature. Not only is my system running *slower* than before, it also has impaired my USB connection somehow. My computer does recognize a simple USB stick, so it's not totally broken, but my smartphone/webcam (HTC, WinMob6) is not recognized by the system anymore.. I tried reinstalling ActiveSync, to no avail :-( I went over all the settings both in ASC and XP but I can't find the cause of the problem. Can someone please help me w/ this ?

TX in advance, Ed.

Hi Roguerilla

Please open the restore center in the program and nullify the changes made starting with the most recent.

Then when before you run it again check the settings and when you run it check what the "problems" are and those you want to exclude - place those in the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, I just ran ASC V4.0.1 quick scan and deep scan & repair; I also turned on the boost feature. Not only is my system running *slower* than before, it also has impaired my USB connection somehow. My computer does recognize a simple USB stick, so it's not totally broken, but my smartphone/webcam (HTC, WinMob6) is not recognized by the system anymore.. I tried reinstalling ActiveSync, to no avail :-( I went over all the settings both in ASC and XP but I can't find the cause of the problem. Can someone please help me w/ this ?

TX in advance, Ed.

Problem fixed

Hi Solbjerg,

TX for your quick response. I had already done a rollback after my last system change - which didn't help. And since I saw no possibility to undo specific changes, I ended up doing a complete rollback to before I installed ASC..

That fixed the problem, but it also kind of defeats the purpose of the program ;-) A pity, because it looks great, but I can't afford these kind of errors.

Anyway, my system is working OK now, so thanks again.

Kindly, Ed.

8:)

Archived